• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Definitely C-Stick... But how?

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
Here's some questions for the community!

Do you use your C-Stick for all aerials? Also, how do you hit the C-Stick?
Do you use the bottom of your thumb for all C-Stick inputs or do you move the top of your thumb down to the C-Stick?

I usually use the C-Stick for:
FAirs going towards the left, DAirs so I don't accidentally fast-fall off the stage, and lastly, falling UAirs, as I always seem to tap-jump.

I know it's all personal preference, but I still want to know how people use the C-Stick. Thanks!

SAUS

Smash Ace
I use the top of my thumb for it every time. I do not use it for all aerials all the time, it is kind of odd lol. It is just the way I learned how to input things.
dair: ALWAYS with the C-stick.
fair: C-stick if I am short hopping it or if I run off a platform and do it, otherwise A (particularly after double-jump attack right away).
bair: same as fair.
uair: same as fair.

With marth, when I short-hop double-fair, I use A for the first one, and the C-stick for the second one every time. With link, short hop bair without fast fall can be cancelled with a jump before hitting the ground. I use A here as well.

It basically boils down to:
If it has to be pressed very quickly after jumping, I use A.
If I can be a little slower with it, I use the C-stick.
If I run off of a platform, I always use the C-stick for it (I guess this is because I don't have to press the jump button, so my hand is just completely free).
If it's a dair, I always use the C-stick.

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
:marthmelee:
I use the top of my thumb for it every time. I do not use it for all aerials all the time, it is kind of odd lol. It is just the way I learned how to input things.
dair: ALWAYS with the C-stick.
fair: C-stick if I am short hopping it or if I run off a platform and do it, otherwise A (particularly after double-jump attack right away).
bair: same as fair.
uair: same as fair.

With marth, when I short-hop double-fair, I use A for the first one, and the C-stick for the second one every time. With link, short hop bair without fast fall can be cancelled with a jump before hitting the ground. I use A here as well.

It basically boils down to:
If it has to be pressed very quickly after jumping, I use A.
If I can be a little slower with it, I use the C-stick.
If I run off of a platform, I always use the C-stick for it (I guess this is because I don't have to press the jump button, so my hand is just completely free).
If it's a dair, I always use the C-stick.

I can't seem to do Double FAirs, unless if it's accidental. I feel like what you said about using A, then the C-Stick for the Double FAirs may help me. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I use the c-stick for all aerials (except the obvious nair) at all times. It's just the way I learned to shffl and everything. I mean....sometimes I'll be reacting quickly and I'll use A but normally if I think about the move whatsoever in advance I'll be c-sticking it

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm all over the place.
If I have momentum in the direction I want to hit, I'll just use A. And, that'll typically be when I'm going to the right.
I think it's because my brain automatically doesn't like having my thumb reach to the other side of the c-stick to push it to the right, when the A button is right there.

On top of that, I alternate between Y and Tap for jump. My jump OoS is usually Tap, as are about half of my non-recovering jumps. *shrug*

Top Bottom