• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Defending the Up-B out of shield

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
How would you, Bowser community, recommend defending against this gem in Bowser's arsenal? My friend uses Bowser, and the Up-B is giving me trouble because it's fast enough to beat the shine (I use Fox/Falco by the way). Is there any way i can get around it, or is it just a matter of not being stupid and attacking into the shield?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The second answer... and if you're fox and falco how bout you just spam lasers and piss the bowser off.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
If he's that predictable that you're making a post about his tactic, don't approach, like kevinM said, you have a projectile move, use it. Psy.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Shine is actually faster.
Actually they come out at the exact same speed, and the Up-B has more priority, as Gimpy has proven thousands of times.

Projectiles work, but as I am a big believer in the dair to shine, he tags me with the Up-B a lot. thanks for the feedback though!

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Actually they come out at the exact same speed, and the Up-B has more priority, as Gimpy has proven thousands of times.

Projectiles work, but as I am a big believer in the dair to shine, he tags me with the Up-B a lot. thanks for the feedback though!
Shine - 1 frame
Fortress - 4 frames

IIRC

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
yeah i was wrong about the whole "same time" thing.
the invinci-frames kill me, i've taken to just shielding directly after i land, then grabbing right out of his fortress.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
all you really have to do is expect him to up b outta the shiel and dash dance near the bowser so that he does it then u run in and punish,I know what im talking about i play dj nintendo's bowser*one of the best in the world* and warriorknights bowser *another beast bowser* this strategy works but dont try to be so close to them becuase u can get clawed out of the shield 2,u should also trying mindgames like double jump wavelanding backwards so that they wont get you with it.

Top Bottom