• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedicated Samus Stream

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Hey all!

So I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but things have been a bit hectic for me these last 3 months. I recently moved from New York to Colorado dedicated to make a "Gaming House" with 2 buddy's of mine.

We moved with no set destination and unemployed, literally packed everything we owned and drove to our hotel to start our house hunt. We've managed to find a home / employment and currently adjusting to our new schedules. I'm feeling comfortable with where we currently are and feel I am able to start streaming on a more consistent basis and produce video content for youtube about samus more frequently.

A little about me and my Smash Brothers experience. I'm 25 and have been playing smash since Smash 64 and owned every release including flash and n64 emulator on pc (Which I played using a keyboard lol!) I didnt start out as a samus main, I used Link in 64 and melee, but always had an eye on samus.

Brawl came out and I tried a couple characters including link but none felt quite right... until I picked up Samus. Samus was considered trash in Brawl which further intrigued me to learn everything about her. I have a thing for picking up characters / classes in games that the majority consider useless.

The best thing about her in my opinion was her difficult learning curve, it made her a niche character and it made the players who used her PASSIONATE about using her, I know that's what happened to me at least. This is a stretch to say because of the kind of game brawl was, and I've heard of melee samus mains speaking similarly in regards to samus but in my own opinion samus is secretly the best character in Smash. Which is why I was not suprised during the invitational when Sakurai mentioned she was the strongest at the time.

Along comes Smash 4, and my 1st playthrough with samus, my only reaction was WOW!! I love all of her key changes and kill power! Better yet she's still rather difficult to use! My only thought was if she ends up ranking trash tier I'm going to die inside.... need less to say I died a little inside.

So this is where you all come in and I'm happy to see the same level of passion I saw years ago regarding Samus, this is what motivates me to provide entertainment and a place for Samus mains to gather, discuss, watch, play and learn about our favorite bounty hunter.

I'm very proud of my Samus, although there is much room for improvement. Having played brawl religiously for a couple years my playstyle has molded into somewhat of a attack while defending playstyle forcing my opponent to move where I want them and generally punishing them for doing so, rather than a combo heavy rush down playstyle which Smash 4 promotes. Which is why I chose the tag M!ND when I picked up Samus, as I felt it suited my playstyle of constant mind games.

That being said, I'm rather inconsistent. I have my good days and I have my bad days, and suffer greatly in my play when fatigued. I tend to play against the player more than the character, learning habits and patterns is what im naturally tuned to doing, getting better at fighting you after each game etc, my match up knowledge tends to suffer because of this. As such I'm not a good tournament player and will most likely never place well in a tournament but am confident I could go toe to toe with majority of players after a few losses. In my opinion getting beat down is the ultimate reward as there is no better way to improve than getting your ass handed to you.

The majority of my tournament experience comes from local brawl tournaments on Long Island, NY. I entered a few but mostly went for friendly's and practice. I had the opportunity to play with certain top players on Long Island and lived close by to what is now known as IQHQ where they hung out and practiced. I was fortunate enough to attend some of these practices playing with Dkwill Vinnie, Anti and other great smashers.

This wall-o-text is coming to an end soon I promise!

I've always wanted to contribute to the Samus community since brawl and to the smash community since I began following the smash scene in 2005. I feel like this is my opportunity to do so and I hope I can gain support from my fellow bounty hunters :). In return I'd like to offer my limited video editing services to anyone who may need it. This includes recording replays for people without capture cards, and highlight/combo videos made to your specifications when I have time.

The stream can be found at www.twitch.tv/Germx3 if this sounds like something that may interest you go ahead and hit follow so you can be notified when I'm streaming smash!

If I'm live don't be afraid to join up, maybe mention your a samus main and saw my post on the forums etc. If I see interest in the stream I'll dedicate certain days to streaming mainly for my fellow samus players, after consulting with you guys first of course, to find a time that works for the majority. I will be streaming other games as well, most are listed in my info section on my channel.

TL:DR - Passionate Samus main and new twitch.tv streamer dedicated to samus (when playing smash). Hope to gain your support and generally have a kick as time playing smash. Video editing services upon request.

Www.Twitch.tv/germx3

Wall-o-text crits you for 999999.

Thank you for your time, Hope to see you soon!

Something I made using some old clips a month or 2 ago

https://youtu.be/Ki2RKlDEOTY

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Welcome! Glad to hear your enthusiasm (and that you found a place to stay). I'll check your stream later when I'm home, could be a nice place to learn stuff.

Good work!

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Welcome to our small, quite friendly and active community.
Hey thanks man! I've been a long time lurker, good to finally come out of the shadows :)

I just saw the Skype group, I'm going to post my Skype info later today!

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Glad to hear your enthusiasm (and that you found a place to stay). I'll check your stream later when I'm home, could be a nice place to learn stuff.

Good work!
Hey thanks! Looking forward to streaming for you guys! I couldn't stream last night, Thurs - Friday I'm doing 12 hour shifts so I'm exhausted by the time I get home. I will usually try to use this time to work on youtube content or work on improving my stream technically. There may be rare occurrences that I do stream on these days depending on how I feel, but I don't think it would be more than 3 hours.

Thanks for the support guys it means a lot, much appreciated!

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Thanks to all who gave me a follow! I just found out I need to cover some shifts next week taking 2 days away from streaming and we're going to have visitors over all next week as well so I may not be able to stream much at all 4/20-4/26, just wanted to give you guys a heads up. After that week I should be good to go! Sorry for the delay, I really wanted to start getting in the streaming groove and I promise I will shortly! Thanks for understanding.

Top Bottom