• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's Dededecide

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well i noticed that King Dedede's Inhale (Neutral B) hasnt been used by many others. So I'm here to give a short briefing about the Dededecide.
While in 1v1 with 1 stock each, Lure your opponent to the edge, float off the stage, perform Inhale, suck your opponent in (It's takes a while to struggle out) and then you performed the Dededecide.

Apparently both Dedede and the opponent die at the same time (Well that's what my results were) which results in Sudden Death. Then Chuck a Waddle Dee at the opponent to kill him(That's if they arent aware of it).
*Note* If you experience anything else rather than Sudden Death, let me know

I would only do this if you're on the thin line towards losing (As long as both of you have 1 life left).
You could also do this if you're 1 life ahead of the opponent (while the opponent has 1 left) to het a quick win.

This move is quite amuzing, though i dont recommend it against certain characters with range.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Thanks! I totally didnt know about this. Im going to go use it for the first time now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think the move as a whole is far from useless. You can kinda just stand in front of someone's shield and hold it.. If they roll or dodge or let go of the shield or whatever, they'll get sucked in, lol...

Also, if they mash out right away, sometimes they end up above you, which is a free nair or uair.

And suiciding while you're ahead is always fun.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy spitting them underneath stages they can't jump through, especially characters with limited recovery, then you usually get to keep your stock! =)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ironicly, I did this to one of my friends who uses Sheik, then he was like Wtf? Sudden Death was the result, barely beat him with a down-air.
This works well vs. those who have limited range. Even an Ike player would suffer from this if he misses you.

Dartimien

Smash Rookie
terrible use for regicide, use it properly when you are a stock ahead of your opponent, and at high percentages. You essentially reset both percentages by killing yourself and the opponent. You still are a stock ahead aswell :D ;)

JFunk

Smash Rookie
I haven't even really tried this. It seems so slow and hard to connect with. Is it even a feasible technique against a competent human player?
Yea, I was at a tournament this weekend and it was incredibly easy to pull off. The fact that its harder to escape makes it a lot more attractive!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Yeah its very hard to escape. Its not percent based at all. Its seriously broken :D

I was at 200% and swallowcided a toon link in a tournament this weekend when he was at 10% lol

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I always use inhale to disrupt people's edgeguarding tactics. It makes them so scared that they practically stop edgeguarding completely.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
I've never tried it before, but I know that in Melee, you can do a similar trick with kirby, but spit them out at the last second, then float back to the stage. Not exactly Kamikazi, but it's a good tactic.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I normally do this when I am up a stock and at a high percentage.

Really easy to do to those overzealous edge-guarders as the inhale pulls them a reasonable distance to you.

Plus if you do it right next to the stage, you can pull your opponent through the stage into Dedede.

I've gotten more than my fair share of kills like this. It's too easy.

Top Bottom