• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dededes dashdance! or..Waddledance! ...(lol)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
It's great, heres a video if you dont know what it looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXFoe3r8XU

this is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen so far in ssbb. JUST LOOK AT IT!

it's art. thats all there is to it!!

anyway, ive been expirmenting with it because it is a mindgame in itself and you can short hop out of it very well. timed right it can lead into a lethal back air ;)

just making sure everybody was aware of the beauty that is dedede!

also, pink dedede is whinz

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Man, Dedede. First the "chill" mindgames, now this. I've done this a few times, but didn't think anything of it. Funny stuff.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's funny, that's all I can say about it. Maybe my Dedede should learn that.

Shermanator

Smash Rookie
I really don't think that this should be overlooked. It's not as effective as melees dashdancing but it does give a lot of options. I did some testing in training mode on various speeds trying to firgure out more about this technique.

This picture is a birds eye view of DDDs spin:

During the red portion of the spin DDD can't do anything because he is in the turning animation. However, you can do some things immediately after (and maybe a little bit before) this animation ends. This is represented by the bright green.

In the bright green portion of the spin you can down smash, jump, dash attack, up smash, shield, use all tilts, jab and continue dashing forwards or begin a backwards dash.

During the dark green portion of the spin you can do anything that is possible during a regular dash.

The red portion of the spin begins again when you start turning around.

I believe the reason it is possible to do so many things during the bright green portion is because DDD isn't really dashing yet or something along those lines.

Using this in a match can be difficult as it requires good timing and spacing. However when used properly it can really confuse the enemy. I encourage people to experiment with this. I think that as we learn more about things like this we will soon be able to exploit them and take advantage of their mindgaming power. That and it just looks funny..

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
As Vayseth said, it has a lot of lag, but along with that, you can trip out of it. Be careful when dancing.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
hahaha its TO good!

also, im pretty sure you can jump out of it at any time, which leaves room for lots for back and neutral airs!

i have been using this a lot and it seems to confused people, you gotta get the timing right so that you are circling away as they come towards you so you can prop up for an attack! YEAHUZ

Top Bottom