• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's chainthrow and who's immune?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've heard about characters who were once known to be chain grabable but have later been found to be able to get out. I'm just wondering if anyone's able to tell me who are still trapped by the down throw?

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
That is not the list. That is simply a list of people who are and are not capable of being chain thrown. Many characters can either roll, dodge, jab, or up+B out of the chain grab. In that sense, he's looking for a list of characters that cannot escape the chain throw without walls.

I'm pretty sure Marth can up+B out, and Ike can jab out. Pit slides very far back but is chain grabbable, so I think he's able to dodge or roll. I've been able to dodge out with Dedede, but that may have been due to execution error on the part of the other Dedede.

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
That is not the list. That is simply a list of people who are and are not capable of being chain thrown. Many characters can either roll, dodge, jab, or up+B out of the chain grab. In that sense, he's looking for a list of characters that cannot escape the chain throw without walls.

I'm pretty sure Marth can up+B out, and Ike can jab out. Pit slides very far back but is chain grabbable, so I think he's able to dodge or roll. I've been able to dodge out with Dedede, but that may have been due to execution error on the part of the other Dedede.
Ah, I see what you mean now - I've realized sometimes people escaping, wasn't sure if that was my error or not.
Don't have a list on this, sorry for the early post there. Hope someone can find your answer.

-Magical Samurai

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certian that list is accurate and if people get out its your error, because I used to have problems with ikes getting out wih jabs and people dodging out etc, but now if I try REALLY hard i tell people to hit A repeatedly with Ike and they don't get out. Play with decreased speed against a human and do it perfectly, they probably won't get out.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I know for sure that Wolf can escape with his jab, and I've heard that Snake can escape using grenades, but there are no good Snake's around me so I haven't seen it in person yet. There are also a few characters who can get out threw their upB. I've heard both Marth and Pit can do this. However, if you predict that they will attempt to escape you can easily punish it.

Waddle

Smash Ace
A lot of characters can do stuff to get DDD first. And the first post guy has 20k posts, thats nerdy.

dan smith

Smash Champion
The "first post guy" is Mic_128, everybody who has been on these boards long enough knows who he is. He's an infamous troll/flamer who hacked his account and made his post count impossibly high. :p

In regards to the topic, I had been functioning under the assumption that the existing list had taken struggle into account. Everybody I play against is either weak or plays DK tho, so it doesn't really impact me yet...and I can't deny or verify the list...except in that DK is still super abusable.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Naw, I've played Dark's DK...but last time I hung out with him he was still on CF. My team mate/room mate is the guy I play most. He's pretty darn good though, near Darkrain level.

Top Bottom