• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs Zelda+Sheik matchup discussion

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think it's pretty even, DDD just has to deal with a lot of **** coming at him. Got nothin on needles, yayuhz.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
Watch Zelda/Shiek closely. Learn the animation cues to shield their projectiles, then use the ending lag to close the distance between the two of you. The further away Z/S are, the more effective their projectiles are against D3. At closer range, dins fire becomes weaker, and the lag could potentially be punishable by a grab (goes for needles too.)

Something tells me that one or both characters can't be CGed by Dedede, but if so, their light weight makes CG to edgeguard quite effective for gimps, as the initial somersault of vanish, tethering and reeling in with chain, and to a lesser extent farores wind leave them open to a fair or bair.

If zelda recovers onto the stage with FW, you could catch her with a well placed Fsmash when she reappears.

As for what Z/S can do to Dedede, Shieks ground game destroys him, mainly because of the ftilt lock. A tippered upsmash KOs at around 115% IIRC, and if not, it leaves shiek more than enough time to get in a transform. Needles can't space too effectively, as the penguin's hammer will nullify them, mainly with ftilt, which is what he'll be using to space at that range. Jabs can keep him off balance and you can punish lag with a dash attack, then follow up with aerials.

Zelda should only be used to get kills in this matchup. D3 can easily bypass dins with an aerial approach, using multijumps and airdodges effectively. It looks pretty funny too :p

An aerial approach to a heel can be dangerous unless you predict and utilt. It's risky though. Dedede is a big target for zelda's sweetspots. Staying out of her range will keep you alive longer. Remember to keep your shield up longer against her multihit moves.

Aaaaaand I'm done. I've probably missed some stuff. Anyone else wanna patch up?

Coney

Smash Master
We can't chaingrab either, so we tech chase. Into mindgames.

When shield grabbing, we have to remember to shield Zelda's ENTIRE SMASH. I personally usually mess up and try to grab early and am met with a faceful of magick.

We have to watch out for your feet, we're huge and you'll prooobably sweetspot it. Hard. Both recoveries are basically null--if we run out of jumps, you can usmash our Super Penguin Elbow Drop. If you run out of jumps, expect lots and lots of bairs. If we catch you before you finish FW, you're pretty much done. When FW'ing, try to HIT DDD with the move. If you try to evade him, he will catch you and he will kill you.

I'm just basically parroting everything Aero said. Against Zelda, play aggressive. Against Sheik, play defensive. That's how I've done it and it usually works out well.

Oh, and throw Gordos.

edited for strange and evasive pronouns

Top Bottom