• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede instructional vid (Please Read)

CO18

Smash Hero
Anyway, I saw Box make a little Mario info vid and I thought it would be pretty neat to make one for Dedede.
Granted Most of you will know Most or All of the stuff in it, but it would still help New Dedede players nonetheless.
Anyway some stuff I wanted to put in it,

-Chaingrabbing( Dashing grab, Dashing shield grab, Shield canceled grab).
Hopefully with this in addition to PPF's chaingrabbing guide, we will have no more questions about how to perform chaingrabs or what each one are.
-Jab Faking
- Bair and Fair Wall of Pain
- Inhale and when/how to use it as an attack
- Different Swallowcides
-Tech chasing out of a down throw against non-cgable characters
-Dedede's standing infinite
- Dedede's Down throw ---> Dtilt on some chars and his Down throw--> dsmash on bowser
- Edgeguarding
- Recovering
- Ledge game

And then Random glitches/tricks
- Ike Inhale Glitch
- Dedede's infinite against another Dedede on the ledge
- Dedede;s infinite on the moving smashville platform
- Dedede's grab release crap on wario

So that was all I could think of, Can you guys think of anything else I should add or that I'm missing. It would greatly appreicated.

Also plz comment on the idea.
Thx

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
What i dont c used very much is Shield-grab release on the edge against peoples Bup recovery. Not just snake but anyone like IC or Kirby or Pika, or anybody elses Bup that doesnt always sweetspot.

U know how that works right? if they have used there second jump and are recovering with upB u can just grab them at the edge b4 they hit the ground and wait for DDD to release them from the grab and they wont have their upB back. Then u just grab the edge.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've already started making one =) It'll be better quality than my other one, but I just need someone to come over with their recording equipment to get it to work. Thanks for ruining the surprise =P

Are there videos of the smash ville chain grab? I want to see them.

Other than that, we have his wall infinites, non-wall infinites, and we could do a section on stages for D3. There's also that weird D3 down B shuffle glitch too.

Okay, so I just watched the Mario video (Which can be found Here). It's interesting, but it lacks any sort of organization and changes pace a lot. The red text is also distracting in addition to REALLY hard to read. If we make a video, I would like it to be well organized, and even broken down into parts like, a separate video for each topic. For example...

Chain Grabbing
Infinite Chain Grabbing
General Moves
etc.

The best tutorial video I've ever seen was Izaw's "Art of Link" (found here). I don't think the production value will be anywhere near close, but we can try to make it good, at least XD

CO18

Smash Hero
Hmm, I just watched the Izaw video and it's very good.
I had planned to break it down in sections as in that vid as well, I just got the idea from the Mario vid.

I don't have a vid of the smashville chaingrab, but basically just Take Any character that can normally be
chaingrabbed and if you're facing the direction the platform is moving, Just down throw and regrab as if you were doing a standing infininte and theyll be inifinited the same way.

A section on stages would be nice.
Also to Gonzo, yes I could add that even though it' s not really Dedede specific it could still be good to add.

Anyway, yeah I record in high quality so it will look nice and I have a really good video editing program so I could try my hardest to make it look like Izaw's.

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
How about a section on waddles with general usage, the rising toss, slight variation in throwing angles and powers, how to take advantage of the doos, and how fighting too close to waddles can screw you over.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Well, I guess I'd like to know if you would like me to continue doing my idea at all, or if you'd like to work together on it (split up the sections?) and then we could make a bunch of videos made by us in one thread so people see everything there is. I'd hate to double dip anything we'd both be doing anyway. I'd love to help but I want stages and infinite grabs =) I am the king of cheap =P

CO18

Smash Hero
Well, I guess I'd like to know if you would like me to continue doing my idea at all, or if you'd like to work together on it (split up the sections?) and then we could make a bunch of videos made by us in one thread so people see everything there is. I'd hate to double dip anything we'd both be doing anyway. I'd love to help but I want stages and infinite grabs =) I am the king of cheap =P
Have you already started on what you were doing? Because Im basically like half way done and have all the clips I need and everything.

I basically have what I put in the OP, cging, infinites... follow-ups, approaches..., edgeguarding etc..

I havent touched on stages at all so you can definitley do that, plus the vid is like 9 min already,,, :ohwell: so I wouldnt be able to add it anyway, I still may even have to cut some stuff out...

I also didnt really do any general moveset stuff (like when to use what) besides Inhale.

I mainly included stuff that may not be Too obvious to people.

I also saw your post about DJC, landing animations..etc.. which I didnt include so you could definitley do that as well.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Ah well, I had good intentions. I'll probably make some stuff, yeah, and if it overlaps, it overlaps. I'll wait for yours to finish now and then add more if I feel it is necessary.

For now, I feel like I'm going to make an all-inclusive stage list as well as a match up guide which includes counterpicks for specific characters. I'm known around here for never losing my counterpicks (unless it is against Overswarm... >.<) so I'm sure you'll find some of the things I have to say interesting.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ah well, I had good intentions. I'll probably make some stuff, yeah, and if it overlaps, it overlaps.
Yeah, it's not too serious if it overlaps, most of the stuff will be different and even if it werent, the more the merrier. lol

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Yeah, it seems like everyone wants to go out and do a Dedede instructional video. I think it'd be cool if we could somehow collaborate on this or something. I can get the really nice quality like Izaw, I have a Gamebridge which you can sample here(On a side note, I was going to post it for the Mine Glitch video I have, but the "high quality" thing disappeared...)
The only problem I have with recording is that it makes black bars on it, might be because my laptop is widescreen or something, I have no idea.

If we/you/other were to work, you should get everyone to possibly do their part, and one person to edit. Also, you should add the Dedede/Snake Mine Glitch.

I feel that this post is a bit all over the place, but I can't think of how to word it better. But yeah, if you need any help, I'd be happy to assist in whatever way I can.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yeah d00d, we'll get it done. D3 will be the best character to pick up because we're going to pimp him out, like a true king deserves. Japan thinks D3 is bad, and since I'll be moving back there next year, I'mma need to start winning to prove to Japan that they suck.

xChocoripeyes

Smash Rookie
I am new to D3 and I already love em. So keep up the hard work and ill look forward to seeing what a true king can do. ;D
I cant wait to see this instructional vid, cuz I screw up here and there, hopefully this will clear some stuff up for me. D:

[This may be a bit off-topic, hope you guys dont mind.
Can someone help me out with my D3, and so I dont spam this thread with off-topicness can you PM me if you are willing please. Thanks in advance.]

ynnek123

Smash Ace
im writin on psp so i wont say everything i wanted to. you can add dash grab release>utilt against wario. also i never saw somebody do or say this: non cgable chars can be regrabbed on the edge of the smashville platform. its weird but it works

CO18

Smash Hero
-Chaingrabbing( Dashing grab, Dashing shield grab, Shield canceled grab).
Hopefully with this in addition to PPF's chaingrabbing guide, we will have no more questions about how to perform chaingrabs or what each one are.
-Jab Faking
- Bair and Fair Wall of Pain
- Inhale and when/how to use it as an attack
- Different Swallowcides
-Tech chasing out of a down throw against non-cgable characters
-Dedede's standing infinite
- Dedede's Down throw ---> Dtilt on some chars and his Down throw--> dsmash on bowser
- Edgeguarding
- Recovering
- Ledge game

And then Random glitches/tricks
- Ike Inhale Glitch
- Dedede's infinite against another Dedede on the ledge
- Dedede;s infinite on the moving smashville platform
- Dedede's grab release crap on wario

lol, already had it covered. ;)

ynnek123

Smash Ace
oh, I didn't see the wario part :p but with the smashville thing I mean, if a character would fall down from your normal chain grab the the chaingrab still works on the platform at the edge, and I didn't know if you knew that

ruiisu

Smash Rookie

*Patiently waiting...*

Needs to continue refining skills playing against cheap A$$ characters/players (ie my cousin and his Pit/ Meta Knight)

CO18

Smash Hero
Dashing shield grab is basically the same as the dashing grab accept you use Shield + A to grab them instead of Z is all. It looks exactly the same, is the same length, you still fall if you whiff it etc...

The shield cancelled grab is where you see the shield pop up before you grab them, and you get more cgs per stage length that way as well as not falling if you whiff it.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
A really easy way to determine if you're doing it right is trying it around the stage, not on an opponent. Obviously, you would not be tumbling if done correctly.

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh sorry peeps have been pretty busy lately lol, its been like half way done for awhile, im gonna start working on it again asap.

Top Bottom