• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
?

You feel Swiss is in danger? What did you think could happen?
Yep. I could’ve (and was going to until I read up) rvs voted Swiss, and it only takes a bit of stupidity like that to accidentally get a hammer. It’s not unheard of.

I think it’s less about you actually putting him at L-2 and more about your parking your vote on him at L-2 and proverbially twiddling your thumbs afterwards

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Right, but what did you think could happen after?

#HBC | Gorf

What did I think could happen after accidentally hammering Swiss? We see a flip that’s 8/10 likely town and lose two townies overNight with nothing and nobody’s really to blame. I don’t get what you’re tryna get out of me here

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Well you were wrong on Swiss being Town in the last game. You absolutely championed him.

What makes you think he's 8/10 Town here, and in danger of being lynched?

#HBC | Gorf

Well you were wrong on Swiss being Town in the last game. You absolutely championed him.

What makes you think he's 8/10 Town here, and in danger of being lynched?
idk what game you’re reading I body bagged that fool when it mattered.

Duh, and already answered in #42

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v1.0

Swiss (3): Swiss, Wam, Eido
Eido (1): Gorf

Not Voting: Laserguy, Bessie, Sabrar, Maven, Fontisian, Somitomi

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to eliminate!

Eido

Smash Journeyman
#42 talks about why you voted me.

I want to know how you've reached the conclusion Swiss is Town. Can you walk me through that?

I have other questions, but let's start here.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Could you also link me an example game where someone was accidentally hammered around this time?

I'd be interested to read that and see how Mafia fed into it.

#HBC | Gorf

in danger of being lynched?
Yep. I could’ve (and was going to until I read up) rvs voted Swiss, and it only takes a bit of stupidity like that to accidentally get a hammer. It’s not unheard of.
I didn’t reach the conclusion that Swiss is town. Those are your words. I’m merely a statistician

I’m ancient so I have ancient knowledge, the watching eyes wouldn’t like if I shared the secrets of the past so easily.

(I don’t actually have an example to pull from cuz I’ve been playing too long to just have examples for everything)

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Yo, find me an example. Or reach out to someone who can.

Otherwise I have to think about you making this up.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Eido Eido you really don't understand where the 8/10 comes from?
Ok, I do now. To be honest I was thinking 80% Town, 20% Scum unrelated to the player count. My bad.

I still want to see an example of the scenario though

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Vote: somitomi

Meta read.

Anyone else picking up on these Wam vibes?
wam has a fairly lynchbaity meta regardless of alignment. So yes, I do get kind of a weird vibe from him, but it's not outside his usual range.

Can you give me a rundown of who you know well in this playerlist?
I think you have played with basically everyone here. What are you hoping to learn by asking this?

This feels like a bit of an overreaction to an RVS wagon. Not liking Gorf atm.

Ok, I do now. To be honest I was thinking 80% Town, 20% Scum unrelated to the player count. My bad.
This misunderstanding from Eido feels townie.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Could you also link me an example game where someone was accidentally hammered around this time?

I'd be interested to read that and see how Mafia fed into it.
This seems disingenuous -asking to meta read people who won’t even be in the game.

You're deliberately making it difficult for him. Seems like you’re more focussed on ‘looking correct’ than doing anything productive

Eido

Smash Journeyman
This seems disingenuous -asking to meta read people who won’t even be in the game.

You're deliberately making it difficult for him. Seems like you’re more focussed on ‘looking correct’ than doing anything productive
Do you have an example of a page 1 quick-lynch? Does it happen often enough?

I would like to read in to it.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I think you have played with basically everyone here. What are you hoping to learn by asking this?
Conversation starter for me. I wanted a refresher on who knows who. The more familiar I feel with players, the less I'll ask this.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don’t see Wam as being scummy for pointing out Swiss is at L-2, but it’s definitely odd he pointed it out and gave everyone a warning, but didn’t think to unvote to prevent it. Definitely noted.

Eido seems focused on giving people bizarre homework and it comes off like forced content. Not a fan.

Swiss can be considered a slight town read due to him driving content but it’s too early to say he’s town.

No one else has caught my attention.

#HBC | Gorf

Misunderstanding is NAI, he’s noob so I can believe him just not correlating 8/10 town with the player count and simply realizing it as either alignment

This feels like a bit of an overreaction to an RVS wagon.
as I said, I’m voting eido less on him putting Swiss at L-2 and more on him just being fine with parking the vote there even after it was stated as L-2. I’m reacting to his play more than the wagon itself. I mean Swiss himself is on it lol

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, how this escalates quickly. I'll bulk reply to people in a bit once I finish up some work bits.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf, please post your response through an interpretive piano session
I took class called “composition and improvisation” in college that could have easily been “interpretive music.” Assignments included coming up with “compositions” that described colors, events, or things of that sort without notated music. It was a cool class

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, what was this Swiss wagon?
Because I finally got my vig
This again? Sabrar, could you shoot Swiss this time? Thanks.
Meta read.
Cool, so everyone agrees I'm obvtown.
Do you have an example of a page 1 quick-lynch? Does it happen often enough?
Just because people rarely fall into Grand Canyon it's not a good idea to walk right up to the edge and sit there.

Maven89

Smash Master
I took class called “composition and improvisation” in college that could have easily been “interpretive music.” Assignments included coming up with “compositions” that described colors, events, or things of that sort without notated music. It was a cool class
then do it you *****

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
as I said, I’m voting eido less on him putting Swiss at L-2 and more on him just being fine with parking the vote there even after it was stated as L-2. I’m reacting to his play more than the wagon itself. I mean Swiss himself is on it lol
Well, yes, it was obviously a troll wagon. All four people who were on it had posted since the wagon moved up to L-2, so obviously none of them were particularly concerned about it. What made you feel that Eido's response in particular was scummy but not Wam or Sabrar?

Disagree Laser. Regardless of him not understanding game fundamentals - he’s not being honest

vote Eido
I agree with your (and Maven's) take that he is asking a lot of pointless busywork questions and that doesn't look great for him.

Your push feels genuine so you can have a Town lean for your efforts.

Top Bottom