• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! - Interest thread

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Mods: #HBC | Gorf, #HBC | marshy.
Setup creator: #HBC | Gorf, #HBC | marshy.
Size: 17
Speed: Day Phase lasts 36 hours, with Night Phase lasting 12 hours.
Bastardry: None.
Setup: Closed.
Flavor: DGames history up to the Nintenzone invasion. No need to be familiar with flavor.

Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM only. Please do not ask the mod(s) any questions in-thread or refer to mod communications in-thread.
2. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are allowed to ****post in-thread occasionally, but no game-related information may be revealed.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, please do not communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
4. Do not edit your posts; feel free to multi-post in its stead.
5. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images or text (including color) in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). The same rules apply to hydra logs, masonries, and any other form of non-forum communication.
5a. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
6. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
7. Post in English. An occasional post in another language is okay, but most should be in English. This is DGamesia. We speak English 'round here.
8. Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can. These votes may or may not disappear at the end of a phase, depending on the mod's thoughts of you being a repeat offender. Do not break posting restrictions.
9. All the rules in this post are constant, but powers and statements by the mod in a role PM can trump them. If you feel the mod has told you something that conflicts with the rules above, please check with the mod privately. He will always side with a private communication rather than these rules.
10. Failure to submit a night action will result in NO ACTION taking place.
11. Please do not publicly speculate as to how a player choosing to sub out relates to their alignment.
12. This game is villagers vs. wolves only. No 3ps.
13. Have fun! Werewolf is a game, please enjoy yourself and keep it civil with the other players at all times.

Voting and Lynching
1a. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command accompanied with two hashtags. For example, ##Vote: Xivii. Please sure the double hashtags so it's easy for the mods to find. If you do not include the bold and hashtags you are subject to the chance of not getting your vote counted.
1b. Do not hide your vote in the middle of a post; make an effort to put it outside of text to help me find them when I'm scanning through the thread. This will prevent MOD errors.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, ##Unvote ##Vote: Ranmaru. You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, ##Vote: No Lynch.
4. Whoever has the most votes on them at the end of Day will be lynched. No majority lynch D1. D2 onwards, if more than half of the living players vote someone, they will be lynched immediately. Ties lead to a randomized lynch between the leading votees/wagons. Everyone can post until the mods say otherwise.
5. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase unless told otherwise. Doing so will result in a punishment by the moderator for the following Day. There is a brief window that can be considered an acceptable accident, but forgetting to check the thread before posting is not acceptable. Do not abuse this.

Activity and Deadline
1. Please stay active! If you fail to post regularly, you may be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, please notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. There will be no replacements after D4 has started except in extreme circumstances; if the person can post on SWF, they won't be replaced. Please remember you can PM me privately to let me know if someone needs to be prodded.
If you don't post in an in-game Day you are subjected to being auto replaced or possibly mod killed.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 36 hours in real life. The village must stay active if they hope to succeed.
3. Nights will generally last approximately 12 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Should a Night last longer than 12 hours, this does not necessarily mean you have extra time to send in a Night action; this will be left up to the moderator's discretion, but do not expect your action to go through.

Sample Role PM

Sample said:
Eor, Vanilla Townie

Long before Decisive Games was even a section of the website, there were a group of Smashboards members that played in a room called Forum Games. Members like Eor would play games that were a little more strategic than the silly games you’d find in Forum Games today. This included games like Diplomacy, role playing games, adventure-based games, and of course, Mafia.

The demand for these strategic games were high enough to warrant the attention of administrators, and with the help of Eor, the Decisive Games subforum was created. Here, posts were not counted and standard forum rules were reworked to mesh well with the state of these games. Little did Eor know that his efforts to create a subforum would amount in a room that has lived on for well over 10 years.

What Eor didn’t realize was that an onslaught on outsiders would come in 2018 and shake up the foundation of Decisive Games further than anyone could have anticipated. He may not be actively around anymore, but his legacy lives on. Can the town of DGames thwart the foreign invasion ahead of them and maintain the integrity of the DGames that Eor birthed over a decade ago?

As a Vanilla Townie, you have no powers outside of your voice and vote. You win when all of the mafia has been eliminated.
Playerlist

1) Shishœ
2) Coricus
3) Yellowlord
4) Opossum
5) vaanrose
6) Z25
7) The Stoopid Unikorn
8) Swampasaur
9) CrusherMania1592
10) Holder of the Heel
11) Spak
12) Golden Yuiitusin
13) Maven89
14) God Robert’s Cousin
15) Pokechu
16) BarDulL

Replacements

1)

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i don't even get the backslash in we just say i'll sign or up watever :V

shish should i pop a link to all the guys who haven't migrated yet in the old sign up thread or nah?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ehh sign me up!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanks for giving me a heads up this was a thing Shish

Yeah I'm in.

<(' '<) I can't upload pics directly from my computer on this part of the forum and it's killing me, but I'm in (>' ')>

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Thanks for giving me a heads up this was a thing Shish

Yeah I'm in.

<(' '<) I can't upload pics directly from my computer on this part of the forum and it's killing me, but I'm in (>' ')>
now ya know us bombers pains :V

#HBC | Gorf

shish should i pop a link to all the guys who haven't migrated yet in the old sign up thread or nah?
pop as much of a shoutout as you feel necessary to fill this game up, were gonna breathe some life into this place once again its gonna be like a new renaissance of ****posters

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

yeah hit up everyone plz.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
pop as much of a shoutout as you feel necessary to fill this game up, were gonna breathe some life into this place once again its gonna be like a new renaissance of ****posters
gonna be screaming loudly at everyone part of the old group and making a **** storm

even fitting as our community is a buncha **** posters lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Consider me /in. Can't wait!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm not sure if I'll be able to play depending on when this starts (as I have finals next week), but I wouldn't mind spectating this game if that's an option (as I've been doing for a while now).

#HBC | Gorf

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play depending on when this starts (as I have finals next week), but I wouldn't mind spectating this game if that's an option (as I've been doing for a while now).
if you’d like you can sign up to replace. that’d require you not to talk to anyone about their role, and on the offchance that they need to be replaced out, you’d take their slot. ill ask you again as the start comes around but ill put you up with an asterisk

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Put me in, Coach!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!