• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decided to play Melee again for a short time.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
So I decided to play Melee again for reasons I have no idea away. I haven't played Melee for a while and I never had a Melee Main, so I decided to play mainly with Dr. Mario, and boy is this game fun, brings back so many awesome memories from when I played it when I was a kid and I can understand why some people love Melee more than Brawl and I still love Brawl, in fact I love all Smash Bros game. I had so much fun playing Melee......and then I got the whole Disc error. Unfortunately this always happen, I have two Melee games that work perfectly fine and then it get's that error message. So nothing to new.

Anyways just wanted to point out that playing Melee was such a blast even if it was just for a short period of time.

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
If you have a Wii, you can rip the game image and throw it onto an SD card or something, and play it that way. Then you wouldn't have to use a disc at all.

This all requires homebrew, of course, but that's not difficult to set up.

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Advanced Techniques in this game is what sets it apart from the other Smash titles, and makes it in my opinion, the definitive smash experience.

If you haven't already, you should look up advanced techniques/guides for stuff like Wavedashing and L-canceling, just to name the most basic examples. These techniques almost turn Melee into a new game for me.

samoht

Smash Rookie
Honestly, even before I knew advanced techniques existed, I still much preferred melee to the other smash games. I wasn't into competitive at all and I didn't even know it existed. But I still thought this was was better just because it felt better than the others. So it isn't always about advanced techniques that can make this game the best out of the four for somebody.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, even before I knew advanced techniques existed, I still much preferred melee to the other smash games. I wasn't into competitive at all and I didn't even know it existed. But I still thought this was was better just because it felt better than the others. So it isn't always about advanced techniques that can make this game the best out of the four for somebody.
This is exactly the same for me, except I knew the techniques existed, I just never learned them. I've only started looking into them recently. Melee has always been my favourite just because of how good the game feels to play. That being said I love watching high level play and im sure im going to love playing competitively once I get better :)

Randoman

Smash Cadet
Melee has always been my favorite Smash game. Not because of the advanced techniques, but because of its nostalgia factor it had. I owned the game since it's midnight release here in Florida, and have nearly 5,000+ hours on it on my memory card. I played the game WAYYY more than I have any other game I've ever played. It's truly one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Keep in mind you can play Melee from a backup and Disc Errors will be a thing of the past

Top Bottom