• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decided on dedede as a main need some crit

waynefox

Smash Cadet
Well after i return from the grave i got brawl 4 minute after it was released
and havent put down the controler since
going though every character trying to unlock them all
seeing what character i relate to the most king dedede was the one i was drawn to first
i love the giant mallet specially seeing as i build them for real
but after tryin him i went though and tried others but dedede stayed as the one
and not im decideing to main the mallet weilding penguin
and im looking for some crit on my style i want to be tourny ready once i get cash to travel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Vk0IPFqh4
that one video put more up soon
ill make one doin all character but pika is hin to bash on that little lightning rat irks me in to many ways
same with pit but thats for anotehr day

dan smith

Smash Champion
Use Bair, use Dtilt and Ftilt, use grabs...don't use down smash as much...if anything use forward smash more. Be more aggressive. Play more aerial...and dodge...a lot...and stuff...

I'll post some vids eventually.

waynefox

Smash Cadet
Use Bair, use Dtilt and Ftilt, use grabs...don't use down smash as much...if anything use forward smash more. Be more aggressive. Play more aerial...and dodge...a lot...and stuff...

i do he Dsmash more because its faster and pika in this case tends to stop it befor it hits
when i do the Fsmash
now Dtilt thats down tilt right?
i try to get grabs off but again pika and what i believe to be its uber cheapness
his me with somehting that stops it
but i need to practice more
i know i dont suck that bad at this game

waynefox

Smash Cadet
they have changed the dodge in this game
i need to practice being more defensive i have a mindset which is bad
go in all out and smash
and i need to change that and fast befor it sticks

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
It's really hard to critique your DDD on your playing a cpu pikachu. First of all, it's a cpu with reflexes and habits you're not really going to face against people forcing you to react in a way which isn't consistent with how you play against most people.
Second of all, it's pikachu, one of the worst match ups for DDD because of his speed. Because of that, you're going to play more defensively which doesn't show much of your game.

Try uploading videos against human opponents with more varied characters.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Ugh, I saw LvL9 Pikachu and had to close it o.O. What dan smith said because he's dan smith.

DarkHero9360

Smash Cadet
i just watched abit of your vid and before u put your ddd in the real world u should go to practice mode and study the range and speed of his ground moves, then his airs and smashes. that should put you on the path to glory.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dedede is hard to use, but it's possible to use him right.

For reliable killing moves, the u-tilt and d-tilt are some good examples. I'd stay away from the smash attacks since they're slow and quite predictable. In terms of when the foe is close, grab and throw them. The Jet Hammer doesn't have much range, but it can be Dedede's trump card if used for edge-guarding.

Dedede's main problem is dealing with speedy targets. They can easily wipe him out once they know how he fights.

waynefox

Smash Cadet
i hopped on wifi and did some fighting
ill post the few i saved here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFfYGYOvigQ
theres one i need to finish the rest im trying to use a bit more stragity in my fighting but like i saidi still need to train more
i think im getting a bit bettter though and im no all that bad to begin with not saying i can put up with the pros of corse

Waddle

Smash Ace
I cant judge stuff from watching a FFA. Post a vid of you versing someone in a 1v1. That's how most people like to see it when we're 'critiquing'.

Breakman6

Smash Rookie
My biggest tip for you are 3 things:

Waddle Dee spam (Hope for a Gordo; you get lucky more times than you'd think)

Ftilt: good reach

know how to dodge. You're going to need it big-time against fast characters.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Don't spam if they're too close however, the lag on that thing can get you beat down.

I use Fsmash a lot. Surprised? Anybody? It's good. Dsmash is really fast, and it's nice that it's multi-directional. I use it occasionally to hit somebody who is roll happy...but the range on it...overall...just makes it mediocre.

Can't grab somebody cause they're too fast? That's where the dodging and stuff come in. If you see somebody using a move that lags, well, you dodge that move, and grab. Dthrow to Ftilt and then go ahead and spam if you want.

Don't mecha-hammer...it's laggy, weak, and short ranged. It also hurts DDD?? So bad.

Nair is your interference move, dair should be hopped, fair is a good KO...but tricky, and bair is your best friend. Practice running forward, slamming back on the control stick, and then immediately jumping into a Bair.

Dash attack, really laggy, but a good KO move in a pinch. Pretty good tech chase.

Use Dtilt, use ftilt, win.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree with using f-tilt too much. It's good range, but easily punishable if they predict it, which they will if you over use it. Plus, it doesn't do much damage.

Learning to use Bair in multiple situations and shield grabbing is very important for DDD.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
are you doods blind, this is against a lvl 9 cpu...

you almost got owned by it, i didnt even bother watching the rest.
you spam at the wrong time, you dont jump before you toss waddles, and it looks like you dont know how to change their trajectory.

you want to do tourneys? you wont be playing cpus at tourneys.

waynefox

Smash Cadet
thats why i put MORE VIREDS up playing aginst REAL PEOPLE
did you happen to overlook that??

i have the idea that if i can atleast put up aginst a computer i have atleast an iota of skill with that character
look at teh rest of them pirticularly the last 2
one is a 1 on 1 the one above is a ffa
dont be quick to judge

and on a nother unrelated note i NEVER Get owned pwnd nor do i pwn or own or any other freakish vairant of the word
i mearly lose or win

waynefox

Smash Cadet
True BUT king Dedede is awesome regardless
i mean who wouldent like a Big ole penguin weilding a mallet half the size of himself with an engine in it

back to practicing and trying to redo my tactics

Top Bottom