• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

December 8th, 11:00 am, NHS Tourney

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Northside High School

478-929-7858

926 Green St
Warner Robins, GA 31093, US

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=sXDVdvhHOIuP6odMNSK8zQ%3d%3d&longitude=Q39EBdI%2blQfoQZrTqzdDZw%3d%3d&name=Northside%20High%20School&country=US&address=926%20Green%20St&city=Warner%20Robins&state=GA&zipcode=31093&phone=478%2d929%2d7858&spurl=0&&q=Northside%20High%20School&qc=Schools%20%28K%2d12%29

Team/Doubles Only Tournament

$5.00 Entry Fee Per Player

Prize Money is dependent on the number of participants

* Team Battle - Friendly Fire = On

*Items = Off

*Stages
- 6 Neutral Stages (set for Random)
1) Final Destination
2) Battlefield
3) Yoshi Story
4) Dream Land 64
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Poke Floats
- Banned Stages
1) Icicle Mountain
2) Mute City
3) Yoshi's Island
4) Rainbow Cruise
(As well as other obvious exclusions)

- With A Partner or...
- If in need of a partner, sign up in our team-up pool

* Double Elimination
- To be eliminated from the tournament, you must lose on two(2) different brackets.

* Bracket / Match
- Each match will be run on the basis of best 2 out of 3 victories.
- The Final round(s) will be a best 3 out of 5 match.

* Advanced Slob Picks
- 1st round of the Match:
1) Both players choose their characters without knowing the opponent's character.
2) Stage Will be selected with Random Select (6 Neutral Stages)
- Counter Rounds
1) Losing player FIRST chooses the next battles stage (before either player chooses a character)
2) The winner of the previous game will select their character first, then the losing player will choose theirs.
- No reselecting a stage that has been played in the same round

* In-Game
- Stock Match
1) 4 stock per player
2) Stock match time limit = 8 Minutes per game

Gerbil

Smash Champion
LOL I saw "Northside High School" and I was like "wtf noone else from Columbus knows about SWF except those already on here." Then I checked the location again lol.

Woot non first post! Finally.

EDIT: Now I gotta choose... this tourny, or Soft's... or neither if I'm broke >.<

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
As a former resident of Warner Robins, I must say this...

F*** NORTHSIDE AND WARNER ROBINS HIGH. HOUSTON COUNTY BABY!

That is all ^_^

Jx31

Smash Ace
LOL I saw "Northside High School" and I was like "wtf noone else from Columbus knows about SWF except those already on here." Then I checked the location again lol.

Woot non first post! Finally.

EDIT: Now I gotta choose... this tourny, or Soft's... or neither if I'm broke >.<
Well, I don't think anyone from Columbus is planning to attend Soft's soooo.....

Prac352

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I didn't realize that this was doubles only . . .

I might still come, but we shall see.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like the fact that the tournament was doubles only either. Our previous two tournaments were singles, so it seems fair to hold a team tournament this time.

The tournament is being hosted by the LOI staff. If you don't know who they are, then disregard this.

This is the first NHS tourney I've advertised here. Hopefully some good will come of it.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I didn't like the fact that the tournament was doubles only either. Our previous two tournaments were singles, so it seems fair to hold a team tournament this time.

The tournament is being hosted by the LOI staff. If you don't know who they are, then disregard this.

This is the first NHS tourney I've advertised here. Hopefully some good will come of it.
When tournies are done properly, you can definately get singles and doubles in, even if they're only brackets and no pools. Some tournies somehow manage to cram low tiers and crews in as well all in a single day lol.

my advice: add singles as well, and im sure it'll be slightly more popular.

*I'm not confirming going to this or Soft's; it all depends on other people atm*

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
okay i found my way into the thread finally, thanx gerbil.

I'm the LOI officer hosting the Melee tournament. The reason we're only holding a team tournament is because we wanted to add that to our smash bracket before brawl came out. This will be our last Melee tournament and we'll be holding one for Brawl on the 1st saturday after its release (feb 16).

The reason that there aren't multiple Melee tournaments is because it's a joint tournament and another LOI Officer will be hosting Halo 3(sorry all anti-Halo people). We are cramming these two tournaments into a somewhat restrained time limit so we cant hold multiple tournaments for Melee. Good news is in our Brawl tournament, there will be no Halo, which gives us more time , space, and TVs/Wiis to run the tournament on so it will go much smoother.

I'm going to talk to the others about pushing the tournament date back to the 15th to make things more convenient for those who want to go to the other tournament.

Top Bottom