• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 13th] Salty Showdowns Weeklies | Streamed On Twitch!

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
I signed up for Monday's tournament as Master_Xanthan. I communicate with my opponent on the twitch channel, right?

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Op updated with the two upcoming Salty Showdowns, back to their original times and ordinary days. :)

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
So tomorrows tournament (Sunday) will have a prize of a $50 Dollar E-Shop Card (USA Only) for 1st place.

So be sure to show up tomorrow guys. :)

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
How do you sign up? Also, what time is it from?
If you want to join. Go to the original post on the first page of this thread, there are links to the brackets, sign ups and times for the tournaments. Be sure to read the post though as there are two different tournaments. ;)

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Can I just post both my twitch and challonge names here so that you know which is me?

I'd rather not have to make another account for either.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I'll give it another shot for Sunday

Entered. Hopefully nothing interrupts me (y)

Good luck guys!

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
OP has been updated with the upcoming Salty Showdowns.

Sunday's Tournament has been moved to Saturday just for this week since I have to go to a offline tournament on Sunday.

Animedan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Animedanwastaken
Sadly I won't be able to make it to the Saturday tournament, but I have already signed up for the Wednesday one.
For the Wednesday Tournament, do I have to use customs?

Last edited:

Shuko

Smash Rookie
Alright. I signed up, this will be my first tournament online, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I ask stupid questions.

But this seems like fun. See you guys Wednesday!

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Sadly I won't be able to make it to the Saturday tournament, but I have already signed up for the Wednesday one.
For the Wednesday Tournament, do I have to use customs?
No you don't have to use customs. BUT if your opponent needs them on you are required to have them on.

Alright. I signed up, this will be my first tournament online, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I ask stupid questions.

But this seems like fun. See you guys Wednesday!
No worries, if you have any questions ask me bud.

All communication for the tournament is done through Twitch chat. Brackets will be shuffled a few times, so don't play your opponent till I say to.

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
I'm just wondering, how do you check in? Do I just go on to your twitch channel and type in the chat my NNID? Do I need to add you now? Will you host the room or will it be one of the contestants? How will we know when our next match is?

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
I'm just wondering, how do you check in? Do I just go on to your twitch channel and type in the chat my NNID? Do I need to add you now? Will you host the room or will it be one of the contestants? How will we know when our next match is?
At 6:00pm EST Check Ins begin, to check in go to the bracket link on Challonge and click on the Check In link on there. You can also access the bracket link through my stream by typing !bracket.

The farther you make it in the tournament the more likely you are to play on stream. In the earlier rounds if I don't call your name, you check the bracket to see who you are playing then find your opponent in Twitch chat and go do your match.

All communication during the tournament is done through Twitch so unless I call your name you keep playing opponents off-stream. I would aim to be in the stream by 6ish to get checked in and everything.

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
Wait, when playing our opponent how do we agree or pick a stage? What's the process?

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Hope everyone had fun today, thanks to all that played and watch the tournament.

Next Salty Showdowns will be this upcoming Saturday.

Dyltheman

Smash Cadet
i signed up for saturday. never played an online tourney before, hope i don't screw anything up...

(UPDATE: Sorry but i'm backing out because i know very little about online tourneys and i only today joined smashboards. if something went wrong, it'd probably be my fault, i'll watch and i'll join another week)

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
i signed up for saturday. never played an online tourney before, hope i don't screw anything up...

(UPDATE: Sorry but i'm backing out because i know very little about online tourneys and i only today joined smashboards. if something went wrong, it'd probably be my fault, i'll watch and i'll join another week)
Fair enough.

If you have any questions just ask, it's all very simple once you get used to it. :)

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Tournament tomorrow (Saturday) at 3:00pm EST.

Also giving away a Pacman Amiibo most likely tomorrow.

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
OP has been updated with the upcoming tournaments as well as a match from the latest tournament (YouTube).

$teven™

Smash Rookie
NNID
darktime40
So tommorow's tournament is gonna be my first ever one, can you explain to me how stage picking and counter picks work? I don't really understand and I don't wanna be lost.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
With stage striking you to decide where the first match will be played it's 1-2-1. Host strikes 1 stage from neutrals, player 2 strikes 2 stages and then the host strikes one more, you then play on the remaining stage.

As for counter picking the Winner of game 1 for example can ban 3 stages, the loser will then counter pick.

You can also technically just agree on a stage with your opponent to skip the stage striking / banning process.

Hopefully that cleared everything up for ya.

WareWolffTen31

Smash Rookie
NNID
WareWolffTen31
i signed up for todays, but don't fully understand everything, i don't care what stages i play at really, just want to be able to understand or know when i'm supposed to play and when i'm not, i've never done it like this before

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
at 6:20pm EST I would go to my twitch channel. All communication is done through there.

at ^6:30pm EST the tournament will start. You will check the bracket at that time, find your opponent in Twitch chat and go do your matches. When you finish you can either report your scores directly to the bracket or to me in Twitch Chat.

If you are reporting to me let me know your opponents name and the final score.

Top Bottom