• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 1, 2014] Project M(3.5)/w Sm4sh Wii U (Dec 1st) (FL, Clermont)

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
NOTICE: I am no longer updating this thread, and project M will probably canceled. They will probably still be doing smash 4 weeklies but I do not know what date, you would have to call the store (they have a website) and ask them. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone.

Hey fellow smashers :) Just here to tell you about weeklies my friend's and I have been having, we use to host at their apartment but we could only fit 2-3 setups there and had a pretty consistent 10+ people show up every week so now we are hosting at a venue!

Game: Project M
Standard ruleset: http://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/
Double elimination. Matches are 2/3. Finales are 3/5.
5$ entry fee. (1$ is venue fee, 3$ goes to first place, and 2nd place gets 1$ store credit)
If pot manages to pass 60$, 1st, and 2nd will get cash and 3rd will get store credit.
^Same for Sm4sh
Extra setups always nice! And bring your own controller please!
Mondays at 4pm. Be there at 4pm, registration is like 4:00-4:30 depending if we know someone is coming who hasn't showed up. Will start at 5pm no matter what.
One of the guys that sometimes comes brings recording equipment so if anything awesome happens and you are on that TV you got it recorded :p

The address is: 2400 South Highway 27, Suite 2103, Clermont, Florida
Venue name: Gamers emporium (if you put this in your GPS it may take you to wrong location, It's by the drivers license office on hwy 27)
The venue is pretty nice and let us play after tourney is over even so if you want to just play smash with people you should come. [Melee friendlies are on the side if we have the setups, I'm a scrub at melee though xD]

I don't expect too many smashers to be in lake county but if you could make it that'd be awesome! I'm by no means a MLG smash player but I wanna get better and currently I been winning our weeklies so new opponents would be nice :) We have usually about 4 setups but more would be helpful. We will be doing this every monday I'll try to update the thread title with new date so it stays relevant. :) Hope to see you there!

We now also have sm4sh tourney!! It takes place at the same time (We never have had over 30 people so this is managable)
Rules are subject to change, currently this is what we are doing
3 stock, 8 minutes.
Double elmination.
Best 2 of 3
Customs are set to off. If both players agree, you can turn it on but equipment is still banned.
Items are set to off, and none.

Last edited:

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Sounds cool. I'm considering coming. My family and I are in town in Orlando this week. My brother says he would come if you guys were having a melee tournament.
I saw your request for suggestions, so if I may I would suggest a melee tournament as well, time permitting. We're from Ohio and would definitely come in the case that you were having melee. Still my brother has told me about the PM tourney and I'll considering coming.
-Salt-

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Sounds cool. I'm considering coming. My family and I are in town in Orlando this week. My brother says he would come if you guys were having a melee tournament.
I saw your request for suggestions, so if I may I would suggest a melee tournament as well, time permitting. We're from Ohio and would definitely come in the case that you were having melee. Still my brother has told me about the PM tourney and I'll considering coming.
-Salt-

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
-Salt-
I was thinking about getting into Melee more myself but mostly the people who have been coming to these weeklies are ex brawl players now PM players who we're shown the light lol. If enough of them wanted to invest in melee we would do it but I have brought it up before I don't think they wanna jump into melee (I think its cause the metagame on there has progressed so far and they don't wanna invest time into it) Sorry no melee at this time. Project M is what most of us favor right now I guess. (I personally just like the diverse picks in characters that melee doesn't have)

On a side note. Todays the day!

gravy

Smash Ace
I'll be there around 4 and I'm bringing a friend, don't start without us!

Is this really at a walgreens??

gravy

Smash Ace
Double post sorry actually we may be showing up around 4:20! Is there a number I can call to contact a TO?

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
Sorry I havn't been on smashboards everyone. And thank you for coming gravy when you did! We all need more exposure to higher level players here. :p

gravy

Smash Ace
I'll be by again, I've been out of state! You should put the name of the venue in this thread though!!

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
Whoops I thought I did haha. Will fix that! We had 5 guys from leesburg come last week hopefully they come again.

EDIT: We have room for more setups if anyone wants to bring extras (we should have 3-4 for sure) Also, going to try to have a melee setup friendlies on the side.

Last edited:

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
I updated the original post, we now do 3ds and we still do this every week!!! I don't always update the date on the thread but if you see this you can be sure smash is going on!!!

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
For the 3ds tourney on Monday, the 17th I was planning on coming but was curious what's your usual turnout for the 3ds side of stuff

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
10+ people, Depends how many of us PM player decide to enter lol, I wish all of us played both games but 3ds group doesn't play PM and I gave up on sm4sh for the moment to get better at PM. I'd say averedge for 3ds is 10-14. Its more of a side thing I wanted to introduce the new smashers of 3ds to PM but they just stick to their smash 4 xD

Last edited:

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
Yeah next monday we are dropping 3ds for wii U! Enough people would rather do wii U then 3ds so we are going to do that, I don't have a wii U but I'm bringing a TV just incase.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
When is the latest I could show up without being dq'd for the Wii u tourney, I'm bringing a wii u setup

Last edited:

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
Whens the earliest I could show up? I like to warm up with my friends whenever I can. I could also bring a WII and a copy of Brawl (PM), but I dont have a TV to bring.

MAz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-9105-2451
possibly can be there livin in the Orlando area might come with a friend of mine. i play lots of ds

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
@ RiotLettuce RiotLettuce 5PM, if you can text me/confirm you are coming and will be there BY/BEFORE 5:01PM

@ Kusumi Kusumi I try to be there at around 3 PM to setup and practice myself! if you come around 3 I'll either be there, or be there soon.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
Hey can I have your number Pharo so I can contact you if anything happens or any of that jazz

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
GG's everyone.
Rereading the rules I see that there were no rules saying I can't switch characters if I won :(

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
Yeah procedure for changing characters/stages is same as PM pretty much, If winner wants to change character, loser can counter pick (I believe thats the way it works on melee/PM) and loser gets to counter pick a stage

Top Bottom