• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debate With Your Power Contest (Outdated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
(Approved by Crimson King)

Alright everyone, alot has happened since the first DWYP, and the majority of you newbies weren't here to witness the debates. Well, I've been give the Green Light to make this a reality. But lets go over the basics.

1. What is Debate With Your Power?
a) Debate with your power is a debate tournament hosted by the Debate Hall. Those who sign up will debate various topics mostly chosen by the themselves.

2. How will DWYP work?
a) DWYP will be open to all Debate Hall members and sign ups will be cut off at 32. Each round, a set of topics will be given. Those who are participating will each choose their top 5 topics, and the side they stand for. We will then use your top 5 choices to pair you with someone who has opposite views as you for a pairing. You will have an alloted time to research and debate. 3 Judges will then grade your debate by the techniques you used, how well you debated your side, and other criteria which is yet to be finalized.

3. How can I join DWYP if I'm not currently enrolled in the DH?
a) Although DWYP is only open to those who are in the DH, joining the DH is a very simple task. You just let one of the Mod's know that you want in, and you're basically admited. But we go by the boot policy in here. If you screw around, and dont' take it seriously you're kicked out. So basically signing up for DWYP gets you into the DH.

4. What's in it for me? What do I get for winning DWYP?
a) As of now, we do not have a set prize for DWYP. Prizes are being discussed, but with the new update of free custom avatars, it defeats the purpose. A few ideas have come to mind. A Special Title could be a posibility showing you're the DH Champion, a gavel symbol under your name much like the WWYP pen. Other possiblities are being discussed, but some sort of prize will most likely happen. But most of all, you'll be regarded as one of the most intelligent people in these forums, and you'll have the title to show for it.

5. I'm really excited, how do I sign up?
A) It's quite simple, if you're already a member of the DH, you just go to the DWYP and fill in the criteria that is asked of you. If you're not signed up, send a pm to Crimson King and he'll get you into the DH, and you can sign up from there. We do this because the last DWYP suffered from drop outs. And we want this DWYP to consist of people who really want to debate, and will put the effort to set time for this event.

6) When will this begin and how long will it last?
a) Summer is a perfect time to run this. School is out, and people generally have more time. So I'm aiming at getting this started ASAP. Im pushing for the first week of July. So that leaves roughly 1-2 weeks of sign ups/ setting it up. After that, each round will be last roughly a week, and we should be done by the end of August. But please, sign up for this if you will have the time to commit to this.

That's all the questions that I can think of now, if you have any more questions please PM me, or leave a message in this thread. Remember, we're only taking the first 32 people. After that, We'll taking a waiting list in casesomeone drops out in the opening rounds.

If you have anymore questions on howit works, feel free to go into the DWYP subsection and look at all the past topics and debates. But DO NOT post in those threads, doing so will get you into serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom