• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death panels for the elderly

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
So what? Daddy Ash, when a society does something like that, it's called a social contract... us being killed when we're old is objectively better than keeping us alive when we're old, and that's a consequence we would incur if we chose this route. You saying that doesn't strengthen the case against death panels very significantly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Huh. Daddy Ash, I addressed your point in the OP. You have to address the points I made in the OP about how we'd keep them on a tight moral leash before we can continue this argument. If you read the OP, why didn't you argue against what it said against your point?

*confused*

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
IMO Battlecow I don't think that the one time thing or just continually purging really changes the base of the argument or makes it any stronger or weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom