• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Masahiro Sakurai

iMichael

Smash Lord
I think we should write him fan mail and just let him know that we appreciate him and his work. I'm not saying write him about adding certain characters, stages, or anything like that but to just let him know we appreciate what he does. Nintendo is probably pressuring him, people harass him on social networking sites, he's in pain and can't even use a regular mouse. Some "get well" letters or cards would probably help him out a lot. It's just a thought...and I know he doesn't speak English or speak it well but I'm sure there's someone to help him translate.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Hes such a beautiful man
When you said something like this once before, I didn't think much of it. Now I'm starting to wonder... By any chance are you the one in a carboard box creeping into my territory Sakurai's apartment.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Twitter is nice, but I feel receiving something physically is always more emotional. Id be up for this.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it would be pretty sweet if a number of people drew one character from Melee and Brawl (And Smash Wii U & 3DS I guess) then put them all together into one image and then send it in to Sakurai as a thank you present in order to show our support and appreciation for his efforts of giving us this series.

But that's just my opinion really... don't mind me, I'm just spewing a random idea out. ^^;

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be pretty sweet if a number of people drew one character from Melee and Brawl (And Smash Wii U & 3DS I guess) then put them all together into one image and then send it in to Sakurai as a thank you present in order to show our support and appreciation for his efforts of giving us this series.

But that's just my opinion really... don't mind me, I'm just spewing a random idea out. ^^;
I really like this idea.... anyone here an artist?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

Not to be a pessimistic, but what if we draw one of the characters that gets cut? Wouldn't that make the decision weigh even more heavily on him?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Keep it to the shoe-ins. We know Luigi, Peach, Zelda, Yoshi, Wario, DDD/Metaknight (not shoe-ins but he made them right? Or atleast they are a big part of his game) a Pikmin, maybe Olimar, I'm missing a bunch but you get the idea. You could also add items from the series, Smash Ball, etc etc.

I like this idea.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think the only one I listed that may not be is Wario, but even then haha

Do you really think Luigi, Peach, Zelda, Yoshi, Wario any of them will be cut? No clones (Luigi isnt a clone really and even if he was, he's Mr. Nintendo's brother so he'll be in) Olimar isnt a shoe in (sadly) but a pikmin rep will probably make it so a pikmin would be fine.

Those characters + the newcomers announced and the vets we know are returning would be a nice thought.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not to be a pessimist, but what if we draw one of the characters that gets cut? Wouldn't that make the decision weigh even more heavily on him?

Well we are pretty much drawing all the characters who have been in the series as a whole in form of a celebration of all the characters who have been playable in the smash series so far. (for example both Young Link and Toon Link would be included)

I don't think Sakurai would take it personally.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I think the only one I listed that may not be is Wario, but even then haha

Do you really think Luigi, Peach, Zelda, Yoshi, Wario any of them will be cut? No clones (Luigi isnt a clone really and even if he was, he's Mr. Nintendo's brother so he'll be in) Olimar isnt a shoe in (sadly) but a pikmin rep will probably make it so a pikmin would be fine.

Those characters + the newcomers announced and the vets we know are returning would be a nice thought.
I don't think any of those will be cut, but what if someone then suggests more characters that won't be cut. And then someone else notices that their favorite character whom Sakurai would never dream of cutting isn't on either of those lists, and said person feels the need to correct this. Suddenly the first two feel sorry for this guy, and his delusions, and feel the need to help him cope with the potential loss of said character, and BAM! all out war breaks out.

Wouldn't that be the saddest thing? If fighting really did ensue on a thread about wishing Sakurai well.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well as Kiwi said I really doubt he'd be sad over it, getting such a nice card with a bunch of characters that he worked with drawn by his fans.

Including even Y. Link, Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo would be awesome :D

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Well as Kiwi said I really doubt he'd be sad over it, getting such a nice card with a bunch of characters that he worked with drawn by his fans.

Including even Y. Link, Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo would be awesome :D
I think I was just overthinking this, since he recently mentioned how hard it is to let characters go.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm glad to see everyone is enjoying the idea of this. I know this will help him tons...anyone know anyone from DeviantArt? lol

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I have no artistic skills (maybe I can draw Kirby and G&W lol) but I have some friends who are artists, I could ask them and I'm sure they would love to be a part of this, as would I of course :)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Why should we thank him for doing what he gets paid to do?
To balance out the hate mail and annoying questions. Do you get hate mail as part of your job? I don't. Even though making games is his job, Nintendo still gives him a choice in terms of which games. He could easily never do another Smash brothers again, and the hate mail and the questions would go down. He chooses to make this game anyway because he loves it, and he loves us.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wow, I'm glad to see everyone is enjoying the idea of this. I know this will help him tons...anyone know anyone from DeviantArt? lol
Well I've got a Deviantart Account. There are a few others here too but I don't know how much they use their Deviantart Accounts.

(Which reminds me, I REALLY need to get back and put art up there, my DA Watchers are probably thinking I'm dead or something...)

Why should we thank him for doing what he gets paid to do?
Well it's a nice thing to do really. Especially since he has been struggling what with his arm causing him a lot of pain. People just like to show that they really appreciate his efforts despite what he has to go through.

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
Not to be a pessimist, but what if we draw one of the characters that gets cut? Wouldn't that make the decision weigh even more heavily on him?
Hilarious! :bee:

While were at this, do you think we can make an impact/traumatize/tax on his vision (through methods specified in above) so the next next Smash Brothers end up totally being different from the (to be) past four games? Such as it being a melodrama roleplay, or a heart wrenching story of a little boy who rose up in power but could not use his powers for himself because he is a slave to his people? Or my favorite: A very fast paced game with relaxing music and stages and a horrendously sad ending in a storyline mode.

Unfortunately this is still a budding science, it is like jack-in-the-box as some of you may call it.

Present Possibilities:
No food, seeing as how it can easily be laced with anthrax or other dangerous chemicals and materials. It will spoil on the way there or it will be just flat out rejected in the mail to his company.
Pictures of your family enjoying and playing his games and writing a letter saying he has caused many happiness. :)
Drawings... but of what? And how will he receive them? :urg:
Letters! Twitter and paper and email of daily appreciation of Sakurai
Buying more of his videogames, we do speak with our dollars

There is a fansite that I know of: http://www.masahirosakurai.com/

nessokman

Smash Lord
I have a friend
Who can draw almost anything if you give her a pic to go by. She won't draw multiple characters on one page, as she'd mess it up. She could draw them separately and we could edit them together. She draws on a tablet so

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
One of my friends said she would love to help, let's do this it's a great idea. :)

iMichael

Smash Lord
One of my friends said she would love to help, let's do this it's a great idea. :)

I don't know where we would even send it, I don't want it going to NoA...I feel like he wouldn't receive it lol

Edit: I'm going to get a PO box this week or weekend, everyone could send me everything once it's finished then ill show pictures of everything then send it to our designated address for Sakurai. How does that sound? Anyone have a different idea?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
That sounds fine. Would you like everyone to just draw a few characters or should we just do a whole bunch or random stuff so he has many items to look at?

iMichael

Smash Lord
If someone could draw a picture with a roster of characters that would be cool...I would just like it to be drawings and cards because I feel it'll be easier to handle. I don't want to accidentally break a gift by dropping it or something lol

We have time...this isn't something that has to be done by next week or anything but the sooner the better. No stress.

If there is someone out there that can do one epic drawing of the characters from 64 to Smash Wii U/3DS that would be amazing. Then we could just send other drawings and cards along with it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I have good drawing skills if I have time and I'm not too lazy about it.I draw only on things that can use something like a pencil though,no mouse or finger alone.
And cut characters shouldn't stop us,It would actually show how we love everything about Smash Bros. and that even though it's the past,we will love and remember what Sakurai did.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
EDIT: This post was deemed to be to mean by its original author and has been removed.

Top Bottom