• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Dear Connecticut: We exist.

XVI

Smash Rookie
I was going to write a long and unnecessary post about how it took me forever to find anything melee related in ct, but I'm just going to sum it up in a few lines and links.

Unless you're already moderately into comp. melee, it's pretty tough finding locals and other groups associated with ct melee (at least this was the case when I started ~10 months ago). I had to dig to find the ct melee fb page, which has since been the hub for any locals or events in the area. I used to just see general "New England, Mass, New York, etc."

Don't be afraid to add people you see in these groups, as well as the big players in the area, on fb. It's one of the best ways to get to know someone and also find the most about the area's scene. It's not too big but we've been growing exponentially lately. A lot of Mass, RI, and NY players will head down to our events on occasion, so don't be afraid to do the same.

So here are some links to get you started:

• The Official CT Melee Page on FaceBook - Find your local players, make friends, check the new PR we have, etc. This is the bread & butter hub.
  • Kings Landing and Hall of Gaming have biweeklies on alternating Thursdays. If you're sticking to within the state and don't happen to live close to the mass or ny borders, these are good places to start. More venues and events are opening up soon so keep a lookout on the fb page.
  • Some colleges have smashfests or tourneys often enough as well. Most of these can be found on the fb page as well. The ones I see thrown around the most are The Hillhouse (Yale) which is fairly new, UConn's smash club has meetings every Monday I believe, and C4 (Conn College Crouch Cancelling). If you go to any other colleges in the region, it would be best to ask on the fb page. Took me months before I knew people at my school played.
Feel free to ask anything here also. There should be enough people on smashboards to help.

GameHavenSmashFests

Smash Cadet
Hi, Game Haven of Norwalk Connecticut just opened it's doors and we are gearing up to adding events in the Fairfield County area - come stop by and meet with Brent Goren and also check us out on facebook at facebook.com/ctgamehaven, we have a Smash event on 11/29 and we would love the word to be spread and any suggestions, comments, etc are welcome!

Nox.

Smash Rookie
that's awesome. a friend of mine Jeff (WavyJ) is from Norwalk so I'll be make sure to let him know. additionally, The Grid Games just opened up in Manchester for those of you who can't be socut and live so close to the shoreline. they just opened up to melee but they usually do project m. good to know there's more places in ct that are down with it. the more melee the better.

Last edited:

GameHavenSmashFests

Smash Cadet
that's awesome. a friend of mine Jeff (WavyJ) is from Norwalk so I'll be make sure to let him know. additionally, The Grid Games just opened up in Manchester for those of you who can't be socut and live so close to the shoreline. they just opened up to melee but they usually do project m. good to know there's more places in ct that are down with it. the more melee the better.
Thanks for the share and we have a Smash Tournament this Sunday - check us out at www.facebook.com/ctgamehaven/events!

Top Bottom