• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with the Woes of a Sonic Main

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umby

Smash Master
I don't think anyone was RELYING on MK to keep Sonic's harder matchups away (unless I missed something), but it's the argument that taking MK out of the picture wouldn't necessarily increase Sonic's chances at doing better in tournaments.

Besides the fact that we can't completely predict which characters will start seeing more use if MK was banned, there's still too many characters that give Sonic a hard time, and they'll all increase in use with MK gone: Marth (I swear, it can't be only me that thinks this), Wario, G&W, Olimar, and while he'll still suffer from usage in not being a higher tier'd character, I can see Luigi being an issue (because I still consider him a counter). Bias of Marth and Luigi aside, that still leaves D3 and Falco, who are already seeing high usage. There's arguably too many factors to determine exactly HOW the metagame will shift if MK was banned, but it's quite obvious that things won't become exponentiallly better for Sonic.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
you people are silly.
digital angel is right in the fact that boxob was being a douchebag, and i find it funny that everyone here is defending his douchiness, thats how you know you have power over people.
I find it even more funny that you are not considering you have been here some time and know Boxob likes to troll.
That's like blaming the hole for you falling int it.
it was really friggin obvious so why did you fall in?

Only ******* rely on MK to take out their bad matchups, if you are really so afraid of MK so as to say that he helps sonic, you might as well just play MK anyways.
This makes no sense AT ALL.

You're just trolling hence my response, otherwise I wouldn't ask if you were going to Apex if I took you seriously.

Of course if you weren't then I must say aeghrur's conclusion would make sense considerig the timing of your response.
more stuff
Hey I like this part, this is where Kid completely ignores the argument provided sticks his own argument, then tries to pull the whole "you don't know anything" card without any justification!

here is a clue kid in a debate, you don't just yammer your argument over and over, especially when the preceding argument, has already addressed those points.
Refute mine first.
Prove that the removal of MK would make Sonic perform better in spite of the fact that he has several bad matchups.

Shadowlink is logic. Digital Angel is not moved by logic.
Umby=awesome.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
you people are silly.
digital angel is right in the fact that boxob was being a douchebag, and i find it funny that everyone here is defending his douchiness, thats how you know you have power over people.
No, you're silly. You've either not been here for a while or you forgot who Boxob was. EVERYONE knows Boxob was being a douchebag, even Boxob knows that, and I'm more than certain it was on purpose. Why? Because Boxob Trolls. It's basic knowledge. >_>
All digital did was start an arguement.....

Only ******* rely on MK to take out their bad matchups, if you are really so afraid of MK so as to say that he helps sonic, you might as well just play MK anyways.
lolwut? I don't even see the connection. D=

Also, LOL @ SL/aeghrur, I say one thing and you automatically just to conclusions... thats a pretty **** move if you ask me. I thought it was funny just because he pretty much pegged boxob on the head with the, " needs to use profanity and insults to interact with people" comment, and just assume you know Im talking about SL.... not cool man....
But really, what do you expect us to think? >_>

Also, where do you get off saying that taking MK out of the picture doesnt increase sonics chances? what if all the MK players were evenly devided between snake and D3, Id say that that increases sonics chances to win by a lot. but you cant just assume who people will play if MK is gone, because may if Mk is gone, some of the people who feel they have to play snake, or wario, or GaW just to survive, may feel more confident playing lower tier characters. you just cant say, its bad because this is automatically going to happen, because you dont know, and anybody who believes that they do know is dumb
It leans more towards him doing worse, but you're right in saying that we can't be sure. Thanks for invalidating Digital's argument?

I don't think anyone was RELYING on MK to keep Sonic's harder matchups away (unless I missed something), but it's the argument that taking MK out of the picture wouldn't necessarily increase Sonic's chances at doing better in tournaments.

Besides the fact that we can't completely predict which characters will start seeing more use if MK was banned, there's still too many characters that give Sonic a hard time, and they'll all increase in use with MK gone: Marth (I swear, it can't be only me that thinks this), Wario, G&W, Olimar, and while he'll still suffer from usage in not being a higher tier'd character, I can see Luigi being an issue (because I still consider him a counter). Bias of Marth and Luigi aside, that still leaves D3 and Falco, who are already seeing high usage. There's arguably too many factors to determine exactly HOW the metagame will shift if MK was banned, but it's quite obvious that things won't become exponentiallly better for Sonic.
You're completely right, I don't need another G&W or Olimar in my life. D=

I wish they would ban MK, even if it means I have to deal with more Diddy Nanners. Everything about that elbowless %$#6 pisses me off. And not even in the good way, like Kirby!
I haven't seen you in for ****ing eveerrrrr!!
Nice to know you still main Sonic.
Good ****!

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

you know, you arent the only one that thinks that Marth is bad. I'm with you on that one, man. Olimar isnt THAT hard (Kinzer, me and you got him!) I can understand Wario and G&W being a nuisance, Falco ***** with lasers and those grabs. D3, chaingrab, nuff said, and Luigi is fun :bee:. But if MK leaves, it still is a hard road for us Sonics...

I wish they would ban MK, even if it means I have to deal with more Diddy Nanners. Everything about that elbowless %$#6 pisses me off. And not even in the good way, like Kirby!
Hey DragonBreath! Where ya been? Nice to see you back, and Diddy should be fun, IMO. Nanner wars. Diddy vs Sonic is a momentum game, just maintain it, and watch out for the setups. They are quite fast.

I haven't seen you in for ****ing eveerrrrr!!
Nice to know you still main Sonic.
Good ****!
^^This. Renegade is win.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
point: SL stufff

Counterpoint: SL sucks.

KID:1. SL:0

wow, i think im getting the hang of this.

also. MK is a bad sonic matchup, so if you have 10 mk mains switch characters, 3 of them go GaW, 3 of them go wario 2 of them go snake and 2 of them go falco, than guess what, you still have 10 bad sonic matchups. but if you take those same MK players, 2 go snake, 2 go D3, 2 go marth, 2 go GaW and 2 go wario, all of a sudden, instead of ten bad sonic matchups you have 6 bad sonic matchups and 4 even ones. Thats why MKless brawl will benefit sonic

also, umby needs to get at the bair spam. i beat a luigi on sat. with it.

Umby

Smash Master
point: SL stufff

Counterpoint: SL sucks.

KID:1. SL:0

wow, i think im getting the hang of this.

also. MK is a bad sonic matchup, so if you have 10 mk mains switch characters, 3 of them go GaW, 3 of them go wario 2 of them go snake and 2 of them go falco, than guess what, you still have 10 bad sonic matchups. but if you take those same MK players, 2 go snake, 2 go D3, 2 go marth, 2 go GaW and 2 go wario, all of a sudden, instead of ten bad sonic matchups you have 6 bad sonic matchups and 4 even ones. Thats why MKless brawl will benefit sonic

also, umby needs to get at the bair spam. i beat a luigi on sat. with it.

You're not making sense. It looks like you're giving two sets of possible characters that would start appearing if MK was banned. You're trying to make a point with erroneous/vague logic. If you had predicted that the latter set of characters would rise in use, then I could see your point, but the former set of characters looks to be more dominant, and still makes it look like Sonic is fucked regardless.

And besides the fact that bair spam is boring, you don't have BigLou's Luigi in your state.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It appears that this thread has accomplished nothing but trolling and pointless arguments, leading to absolutley no conclusions.

/thread

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Da**** all these n****s do is make posts on the Sonic boards and apparently everybody but me remembers des n****s!

P.S. I have honestly never seen this DB dude, is he like NoR4U or some other long time old veteran that was around when I wasn't and left shortly before I came around?

P.S.S. Umby you're right, but I do believe K.I.D. is right that with MK gone people just flock to their next best character (or for tier-wh0res, you know how it is).

MK or not, doesn't mean I don't give it my all!

Because sandbagging made me lose when I know I would've won otherwise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom