• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Shiek

AAAAAA

Smash Cadet
I have a pretty hard time against Sheik, no matter who i play. Usually I do the best with Falco but i also try against her with Young Link and Luigi. In general i cant play the neutral well or escape her. No matter where i run and if i shield shes always covered the option, (e.g., if im shielding i cant jump or wave dash, but if i grab she spot dodges or is out of range). I usually play campy against her because if i get close and do one thing i always get punished. How can i play the neutral to win?

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the characters you mentioned you play, I'd say Luigi is your best bet as Falco does get gimped easily and YL doesn't have enough options to take stocks without crazy setups. Playing campy doesn't work well because her tools are better (needles, shino stall). Wavedashing in with d-smash or grab is a great tool Luigi can use. Nair is also a great move that Luigi can throw out in the middle of combos. He can also trade with the "poof" of her up-B which is useful when she's recovering and Luigi is holding the ledge.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I mean of those characters falco definitely has the best matchup. I would focus on one character you like and just play them. Don't switch characters because of a match up at low level, ever.

taz3141

Smash Rookie
Out of all the characters you mentioned you play, I'd say Luigi is your best bet as Falco does get gimped easily and YL doesn't have enough options to take stocks without crazy setups. Playing campy doesn't work well because her tools are better (needles, shino stall). Wavedashing in with d-smash or grab is a great tool Luigi can use. Nair is also a great move that Luigi can throw out in the middle of combos. He can also trade with the "poof" of her up-B which is useful when she's recovering and Luigi is holding the ledge.
Luigi is absolutely the worst choice of these three characters. Falco is your best choice by far. I personally think that Falco is Sheik's worst matchup in the game.

You should be playing campy most of the time. Lasers, when used well, are 1000x better than needles for camping. They force Sheik to either powershield them or go to platforms. However, you obviously need to go in eventually. When you do keep your arials low on shield and/or cross up Sheik. Once you get the first hit Sheik has a hard time escaping combos. So when you get in you need to punish Sheik hard.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Not sure what Sheiks you're playing against as Luigi but he has many tools to beat Sheik players at a local level. Most Sheik players lab the match-up and no doubt have significantly more experience against Falco and unless you plan on making Falco you're main then he is a poor, poor counter-pick on most stages.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
You need to have a main. If we're suggesting characters, it is assumed that that character has to be your main. You're going to lose to good sheik players no matter what character you play as long as you're not maining that character. Out of the options, falco is obviously your best if you are just picking mains and assuming you have no affinity for one main over the other.

Top Bottom