• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with R.O.B?

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

So I just got bodied by a good ROB and I was just wondering if there are any good strategies against him, especially approaching. Gyro is a pain because you can't run past it, can't Falcon Kick through it, and if you jump over it, your gonna get a fair or laser to the face. But once I get in I can do a pretty good chunk of damage. So if you guys have any tips, please share!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
What you want to do is pick up the gyro and keep it away from him. Once you have the gyro the MU becomes much, much easier.

There are a couple of ways of doing it. Dash Attacks work but are punishable. Picking it up via air dodge is perhaps safer; you can also grab it as you fall onto it to simply pick it up laglessly.

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
Like DJ3DS said, holding the gyro makes the fight much easier. Falcon destroys ROB up close, and when you remove his gyro, he's only limited to his laser whenever you're at mid-range or further, which is much easier to deal with than the gyro. This is a little complicated, but if you're holding the gyro, you can still do your aerials if you jump, z-drop the gyro, and quickly input your aerial with the c-stick to pick it back up again. The same also applies to Pac-Man's fruit.

Top Bottom