• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with pressure as Falco

Snotbubbler

Smash Rookie
So my friend plays Marth, and I noticed that the only area where he consistently beats me is when i'm in my shield and he's pressuring me. When I get under pressure I usually make bad decisions, such as just jumping away or just doing something stupid out of shield. I feel like all he does when I'm shielding is just U-Tilt / F-Tilt and sometimes F-Smashes.
Also, when I'm being cornered I either like to roll away or just jump of really high to escape the pressure.
What should a Falco do to get better in these situations? Does one simply get better at handling pressure through game experience? Or are there ways to handle this that I am not familiar with?

BO/\K

Smash Apprentice
Is he in range of your moves? Falco's no fox but shine /asap nair or bair oos is still okay.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
WD OoS my friend. It'll save your life.
A lot of what Marth can do is unsafe on sheild and can be dealt with an easy Shine OoS or WD OoS. WD to punish F-Smash incredibly easily then you can pillar. Shine when he's spacing incorrectly and if he's using aerials on sheild a grab or Shine will work. Remember. Falco and Fox have the best OoS move in the game, shine. Make use of it

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Wait until after you're out of shield stun (full shield for less shield stun frames)
1)press y
2)press down b first frame in the air
3)combo
4)kill

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Wait until after you're out of shield stun (full shield for less shield stun frames)
1)press y
2)press down b first frame in the air
3)combo
4)kill
You could also buffer a jump using C-Stick up in sheild then spam down b

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
You can also spotdodge and punish fsmash. If the fsmash is a tipper you're taking massive shieldstun and knockback. Try to just hit utilt when the hitboxes aren't inbetween you and Marth, or shield DI in and hit it (assuming he isn't just using this to anti-air, if he is change fastfall timing/don't do it at all, or simply don't go into the air).

Top Bottom