• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with lag as Mewtwo

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Hi all,

I was wondering what you all do to deal with online lag as Mewtwo. I have way more difficulties trying to win as Mewtwo when the connection's laggy than I've had as any other character. Is he just generally more susceptible to lag?

Sorry, this topic may have already been discussed and I may just be salty - just got completely bodied by a Rosaluma that I should have been able to compete with. But, if anyone has any tips, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Spirst

Every character has susceptibility to lag. Not being able to powershield and execute tight strings is a universal problem; it's not just character-specific.

That being said, I feel like Mewtwo is one of those characters that are actually more annoying than not on wifi lag. Lingering usmash, amazing airdodges, nair spam, the opponent not being able to shield shadow ball as cleanly, etc.

Best advice to playing in lag? Don't. Seriously, it's never worth it. Whenever there's lag, I prefer to just quit rather than needlessly frustrate myself over something that can be avoided. Getting used to lag also leads to problems down the road where, if you're in an offline setting (or really smooth online play), you'll be used to the lag timing that you'll start whiffing inputs.

D

Deleted member

Just use Ban-Blocking. This is a technique that I came up with a while ago and how it works is this:

Since, in Smash 4, exiting out of an online match usually gives you a ban, people usually have to get demoralized by watching their enemy win on the results screen, but no more! Here's the steps!:

On a 3DS, just pop out your cartridge and press the home button! This cannot be patched according to my studies, and no ban-time either!

On a Wii U, you have two options:
1. The lengthy way: Unplug your Wii U. This is the lengthy way because Smash U takes a long time to start up, and the Wii U in general is slow, the benefits, however, come in the fact that this cannot be patched, and gives you no ban time.

2. The quick way: Simply pop your Disk out, then put it back in. The only downside to this is that it doesn't work on
DLC Stages(?), and sometimes it can give you ban-time (but usually only for a few seconds).

I hope I helped!

Top Bottom