• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Greninjas

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have advice for dealing with Greninjas? Their water shurikens are really annoying, especially when used for edge guarding me and to stop my Aura Sphere charges. Plus, they like to use mind games and run all over the place. Any flaws to pay attention to against Greninjas? Thanks in advance!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The shurikens have kinda craptastic range so if you can memorize its range limit you can charge aurasphere just out of its range, but another safe way to charge aurasphere I found is to charge->backroll-> charge->backroll. Sometimes you have to just charge it in bits depending on how hard they are going in with the shurikens.

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Fight near the ledge and wait for them to accidentally self-destruct with a Side-B. But seriously, I'm still working on this match-up. Hopefully a veteran can chime in and give you some better/more relevant advice.

A few things I have noticed is that most of the ones I've fought in For Glory like to spam Shuriken, U-Smash and D-Air. Shuriken's range decreases as it's charged; a charged shuriken is a decent opportunity to get in on them with Double Team. D-Air is fairly easy to avoid just by running out of it and you can punish as they're touching down. Getting in on a whiffed U-Smash seems trickier, but I've had some luck with keeping an aura sphere charged and punishing it with that.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
From my experience, Lucario's main priority should be getting a full charged Aura Sphere. Then play the matchup, if the Greninja is smart, they'll realize that they can't use the Water Shuriken due to Aura Sphere beating it out and taking the hit. Then take into account Greninja's unreliable way to kill if his opponent isn't in the air.

Basically, the matchup is Lucario being a tank and not dying then just react or read Greninja's fear.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Fight near the ledge and wait for them to accidentally self-destruct with a Side-B. But seriously, I'm still working on this match-up. Hopefully a veteran can chime in and give you some better/more relevant advice.

A few things I have noticed is that most of the ones I've fought in For Glory like to spam Shuriken, U-Smash and D-Air. Shuriken's range decreases as it's charged; a charged shuriken is a decent opportunity to get in on them with Double Team. D-Air is fairly easy to avoid just by running out of it and you can punish as they're touching down. Getting in on a whiffed U-Smash seems trickier, but I've had some luck with keeping an aura sphere charged and punishing it with that.
Just a heads up, but Greninja also has an AT that lets him cancel the Dair (and all other, I believe) landing lag with Shadow Sneak, so watch out for that. It's still a pretty hard and punishable commitment though, so you just have to play the mixup game there.

Top Bottom