• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Falco lasers

Krispy100

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering what the best way to deal with Falco lasers is. I've been told to go to platforms since his jump doesn't make it easy for him to hit me. But then I don't know what to do from there. The Falco will usually just jump up with a dair, bair or nair, and I'll either get stuck in shield or I'll just get hit. Is there something else I should be doing besides going to platforms? Or what should I be doing once I get to the platform?

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Go to platforms. If you have a stack of needles you can just eat the lasers with them. CC lasers pretty much counters any laser approach and lets you gain position, but means taking percent. Platforms are often the best option when available, but that doesn't mean you should overlook others. Quick movement OoS and powershielding work wonders.
Your short hop should go over lasers generally and you can slap from above.
Stay close enough to Falco that he can't safely laser without you being able to hit him, or far enough that he can't directly punish you for doing things with normal attacks.

Dot_Com0019

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering what the best way to deal with Falco lasers is. I've been told to go to platforms since his jump doesn't make it easy for him to hit me. But then I don't know what to do from there. The Falco will usually just jump up with a dair, bair or nair, and I'll either get stuck in shield or I'll just get hit. Is there something else I should be doing besides going to platforms? Or what should I be doing once I get to the platform?
Drop through platform fair/nair

ikrager

Smash Cadet
Shino Stall is one of your best options. But yeah ^ watch that video for all you noobs who come to this thread (like me).

Doxy

Smash Rookie
I could be wrong in this and I know how frustrating it is to eat a bunch of lasers but when I play people in my region I can generally powershield lasers and just f-tilt their approach as sheik. The lasers suck but if you're playing against falco your biggest concern should be what is coming behind the lasers since it will likely be a dair shine combo that can take a quick stock. However the video linked above does have a lot more detail on your options.

Ministry

Smash Ace
It really just depends on how good the falco is. some shoot lasers then dash dance. some shoot then retreat lasers and some approach, some laser grab and some do high/low lasers and good falcos will shoot fake lasers (with only the sound). you have to recognize what the falco is doing after the laser.

for me the best is to just use platforms and get falco to commit to getting off the ground (so you can maneuver around him)
if you are planning to power sheild, duck and PS is pretty reliable and easy.

but only relying on powersheild is not effective as you need to use other methods also.

Doxy

Smash Rookie
It really just depends on how good the falco is. some shoot lasers then dash dance. some shoot then retreat lasers and some approach, some laser grab and some do high/low lasers and good falcos will shoot fake lasers (with only the sound). you have to recognize what the falco is doing after the laser.

for me the best is to just use platforms and get falco to commit to getting off the ground (so you can maneuver around him)
if you are planning to power sheild, duck and PS is pretty reliable and easy.

but only relying on powersheild is not effective as you need to use other methods also.
I like getting Falco in the air as well. It gives you way more options instead of just a head on approach or an aerial approach. So much easier.

Top Bottom