• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deal with corner spammers

porygonmxl

Smash Rookie
Hello

I have waaaaay too much trouble with these kind of players, the ones that stay on a corner and start spamming projectiles and everything they have to keep you away, once you reach them they just roll to the other side and repeat...

For example... I was playing a Duck Hunt the other day and I could keep spamming Fire Balls all day to deal with their projectiles but in the end, the match wasn't even progressing so I tried to change the strategy a bit and become more offensive but I ended up getting crammed by discs and cans...

What do you guys do against this type of strategy? Because that's the one that usually beats me :\

Cubonebonebone

Smash Cadet
Don't get impatient. Running into shield is a very good tactic for approaching and blocking their projectiles. Usually jumping over the projectiles is also good, but I'm not sure with Luigi due to his floaty jump. Just be aware that these people aren't very good if they are rolling across the stage and spamming. A good player will use his projectiles to zone you and capitalize on it. A poor player predictably rolls across the stage. Watch the player, pick up on their habits, and punish them.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
^^^ Agreed, running into shield is a great option to deal with projectile spammers. Just realize that DHD doesn't really have much if you get up in his face. Try to predict his rolling/projectile patterns and capitalize.

Otherwise, hit him with a fireball and time him out if he won't approach you

;3

Top Bottom