• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

De-stone transformation hitbox

Kurayami

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet (maybe I've missed some discussions, though), but a couple times now I've noticed that when I transform from stone back into normal Kirby (after a whiff), I've actually hit a nearby opponent.

I know I have at least one replay of this (which I can record and upload if anyone is interested in seeing it), but I'm curious to know if anyone else has stumbled across this and, if so, if there is any information on it.

Practically, it doesn't seem particularly useful, but maybe there is some kind of niche application on opponents using getup attack from ledge?

Anyway, just wanted to get some thoughts from fellow Popstar Warriors. :)

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
i think i know what your talking about but can i see the replay just to be sure?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't think this exists. When you use grounded stone, it has a little shockwave hitbox, are you sure that's not what you're talking about? It does 14% damage. Falling stone does 18%.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
How much damage did De-stone transformation do? There is frame data for one of the Stone Customs that does 5 damage but I do not know what produce it.

Kurayami

Smash Rookie
I don't think this exists. When you use grounded stone, it has a little shockwave hitbox, are you sure that's not what you're talking about? It does 14% damage. Falling stone does 18%.
It was normal stone (customs were off). I'm almost completely sure it wasn't the shockwave hitbox because I know that exists and that's the first thing I thought it might be. On second thought, though, maybe it was somehow? The one replay that I know I have of it is on Little Mac and I believe he is using one of his attacks with armor, but it happened again last night on someone else too (that one would take longer to find because I haven't gone through and commented those yet). Let me go try to record this (it'll be potato quality).

Nobody tell my girlfriend, because I'm supposed to be rushing over to her family's Christmas party and she'll kill me if she knows I'm taking time out to do this. :p

Kurayami

Smash Rookie
Okay, well, I recorded the Little Mac hit, but after watching it a few times, I feel dumb.

I'm fairly certain that what happens is I land on stage with stone, he charges an f-smash while I remain in stone, the f-smash hits me and pushes me just far enough to fall off the edge of Battlefield, the falling stone hitbox is triggered (which hits him), and I immediately de-stone.

So one mystery solved, anyway. I'm fairly certain I have another replay from last night in which something similar happens, though. However, now I'm pretty sure that's going to wind up being mundane and explainable as well.

If anyone still wants to see the Little Mac thing, I can upload it, but it probably won't be tonight in light of what I just said. I'll look for that other replay as well and report back with any findings, but yeah, I suspect it will also end up being fairly boring.

Edit: I checked how much damage was done and it was 18%, so confirmed falling stone from Little Mac punching me off the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom