• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD vs Meta Knight advice?

fwb

Smash Cadet
This is my worst match up. One of DDD's strengths is the continuous b-airing off the edge, but meta knight's forward b (the spinning drill to the side) when used as a recovery takes higher priority and makes this strategy useless. Meta knight's sword extends farther than most of DDD's aerials, giving him much more priority in the air. Once he starts juggling me in the air, it's hard to hit him. A defensive ground strategy involving throws works well but in the air it seems impossible. Meta knight is just smaller, faster, and has higher priority on a lot of moves.

yourmother

Smash Rookie
Yeah unfortunately, metaknight is one of the few characters that can knock dedede around in the air pretty good. The one thing you have on him though is range. What I do is try to keep him at bay with constant abuse of your forward-b and your ftilt, really make him work to come get to you. Stay on the ground a little more than usual, but when you do get in the air, try to hit more fairs than you usually would go for. Other than that, if he does get in on you, just try to go for a lot of mixups to keep him guessing.

Just my thoughts, works against my friends but idk.

Drecker

Smash Ace
Mix up your grab game. Dthrow > Ftilt a few times, then follow with a Dthrow > Dash.

Just mix it up and camp the hell out of Dee's.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
My brother has been playing as Metaknight lately and it gave me trouble at first. The problem is that he is just all around better than you in the air. So what I started doing was just pretty much staying on the ground. Your forward tilt outranges anything he has, and downtilt will cancel out his tornado attack. If he tries to come from above then you have both utilt and usmash. Also since he is light and hard to edgeguard I recomend going for the over the top kill with either utilt or usmash. As long as you are fighting on the ground instead of the air you can pretty much control the match.

Vet

Smash Cadet
I found that spamming bair after most of his aerial attacks on your sheild and against his tornado are extremely effective. Keep your distance, grab punish when you can, sheild and waddle dee camp alot and bair him out of most of his **** and you should be fine.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I have a lot of experience in this match up and yeah..I know bro..this match up is a pain in the ***..what you wanna do here..like everyone has been saying is play more of a ground game..However, an air game with D3 against meta is definitely feasible. SHORT HOP/FULL JUMP Dairs..they break up metas combos like you wouldnt believe..up air has good range and decent knock out power from above. Because meta knight is light, killing him from the top is easier than you think. D3's wall of pain (Bairs)...they're good..but don't abuse it in this match up. Play more defensive and patient, wait for meta knight to make mistakes and punish him, keep him at distance with waddle dees. Neutral air however is more useful in this match up because it comes out so fast, if you're close enough to meta, neutral air to get some breathing room. Just change your game up in this match a bit ---> play more defensive

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight probably has the advantage in the match. Your range isn't that much better than his, and you're air-game loses to his.

I'd say sit back and use projectiles as much as possible, dont try to edgegaurd that much, and exploit your numerous KO moves on a light character.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Bairs and tilts... fair if you can outspace him.

Basically you need to match speed for speed. Dedede being played fast? It's possible if you can work in those faster moves. He'll die earlier than you. If you can SOMEHOW trade blows equally, you should be fine. It takes some experience... MK has a slight advantage, but it can be conquered.

Top Bottom