• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD doubles tech

EmperorDeDeDe

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheThingInItself
So me and my doubles partner, I think, discovered something tonight. After you inhale someone DDD receives significantly reduced knockback from attacks while the person inside has the same. Both characters share the same hurtbox. For example when my partner rested me I didn't die even when I was over 300% while killing the Mario at 60% inside me.

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Yes, this has been known. Although, perhaps a lot of people still don't know it. It also doesn't work for all attacks, I couldn't name them though.

EmperorDeDeDe

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheThingInItself
Someone on the smash group I'm in said something about multihit moves not working too well with it.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Yes, this has been known. Although, perhaps a lot of people still don't know it. It also doesn't work for all attacks, I couldn't name them though.
I actually wasn't aware of this, but I don't play very much doubles to begin with. Not from a lack of wanting to, I just don't have a consistent partner I can train with.

Any other things to keep in mind for Dedede in doubles? I generally find him uncomfortable to use when there's three other people on the stage.

Nohbody

Smash Rookie
I actually wasn't aware of this, but I don't play very much doubles to begin with. Not from a lack of wanting to, I just don't have a consistent partner I can train with.

Any other things to keep in mind for Dedede in doubles? I generally find him uncomfortable to use when there's three other people on the stage.
Use the chaos to slip in an inhale suicide on unsuspecting opponents, especially if you're at high % and they are not. Dedede will likely be alive until very high % for a doubles match, and even some of the higher level players in my region still over extend off the ledge and get inhaled. Great way to turn a match around if you're behind.

Top Bottom