• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Chaco (3): Ranmaru, Gorf, Red Ryu
Joker (2): Bardull, Kreative Whiz Kids
Murderbush (2): Laundry, WOTT
Gorf (1): Murderbush
JeXs (1): Rake
Arcane Inferno (1): Chaco
Kreative Whiz Kids (1): Scary

Not Voting (6): thethirdkoopa, Arcane Inferno, Kreative Whiz Kids, JeXs, Joker, BSL

Deadline is 9/2 11:59:59 PM. With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco
2. #HBC | Ranmaru => thethirdkoopa > Chaco
3. thethirdkoopa =>
4. #HBC | Laundry => Murderbush
5. Chaco => Arcane Inferno
6. Arcane Inferno (Gheb_01/#HBC | Frozeηflame) =>
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf
10. JeXs =>
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs
13. #HBC | Joker =>
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK
16. #HBC | DtJ | ASL | BSL =>
17. Evil Eye =>
[/collapse]

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
The shield should probably go to someone and stick there unless there is reason to move it and then it should be documented where it is. Town can use it like a publicly announced doc protect. No, it won't catch any kills, but it will also keep whoever needs to stay alive from dying and any doc we do have can act more autonomously.
i can actually dig this

honestly if everyone thinks that publicly voting for the shield is better than i think we should abide by this

Chaco

Never Logs In
not sure if serious... if the generally accepted notion is to pass it every Day why in gods name would scum keep it?
A few reasons really. Endgame viability, ending safe haven of circulation, killing a target and saying they passed it to them (WIFOM hell), etc. They can pull off things with it in a few different manner. I obviously don't mean the beginning of the game.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
First off, it's all moot because we're not distributing it anonymously. Secondly, your point? Waiting until near the end with a fallback plan, you can still wait to see if that anonymous majority is reached without having to make a public agreement to give it to someone. Ex. "Ok guys, if we get to 6 hours before the end of the phase, then we all pile our shield votes on Murderbush."
That's all fine, I was worried about saying "don't worry we can change it" and making recurring vote assumptions when I hadn't seen the line that confirmed some form of shield movement. Then you went hyper and I'm not taking any of that lying down. I'd be happy to leave it till later when we know more and or HAVE to, but I'm asserting that I want a vote over no BP because that's way better and someone was questioning it like it was okay to just let it go

Mudslinging? I said I'd choke you to death. I also said I'd choke to death my biggest town read at the moment. You're a null read because you obviously didn't understand the dichotomy I set up in an attempt to read KWK that actually ended up being used on Bardull and Gorf. This means it doesn't apply to you and therefore your slot is null.

What stand am I making? I stand on everything I've said that hasn't been outdated, but I really don't know what you're talking about at this point.

I stand on Bardull town and Gorf scum.
You called me "not town" for getting my information wrong while trying to work it out, if you actually pushed that I was going to call it the stupidest scum rush I'd ever seen

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, the passing of the shield does not say it will be announced like the distribution, so I don't know how you would track that.
It would have to be based off of full disclosure, and knowing our choice gets the shield.

#HBC | Gorf

i can bite into the endgame viability, but ending the safe haven of circulation and lying about who someone passes the shield to make no sense since (and i believe it was said in the shield mod post) the receiver will be told they got the shield. but whatevz, the logic is dumb but there's no point in arguing.

bed time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vibe I got from Chaco:

Voted Arcane as scum to create a crap connection. When Jex responded telling him who Arcane was, he responded with a "Oh, that makes sense" as if to seem there was something that caught his eye besides Arcane being new to him. Gorf makes a good point that the OP states that it contains Gheb/Frozen, and him not answering that question shows he truly has no answer for that. Best I have at the moment.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids : Null. How do you feel about Chaco? Would you join his wagon?

@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? : Join me on Chaco? What's your problem with Murder?

I'm going to sleep now. Have class in the morning.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yo KWK and Wots do you think gorf was just being absent minded and didn't think things all the way through regarding the shield, or do you guys think he planned on trying to get town to anonymously pass on the shield with scum intent?

also curious if you guys thought he was trying too hard with chaco or not

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I did not think too deeply on the shield thing. I'll talk more about it tomorrow. Need the Z's. Night.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vibe I got from Chaco:

Voted Arcane as scum to create a crap connection. When Jex responded telling him who Arcane was, he responded with a "Oh, that makes sense" as if to seem there was something that caught his eye besides Arcane being new to him. Gorf makes a good point that the OP states that it contains Gheb/Frozen, and him not answering that question shows he truly has no answer for that. Best I have at the moment.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids : Null. How do you feel about Chaco? Would you join his wagon?

@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? : Join me on Chaco? What's your problem with Murder?

I'm going to sleep now. Have class in the morning.
What conenction would that be exactly? Ah, yes a placeholder vote. And yeah it would make sense Gheb always posts with Arcanine, and FrozenFLAME/Inferno. That's why I said it makes sense. Reading too deep, son. And also, I didn't see the question. Not that I ignored it, when I respond I respond to the first thing I see to respond to and go from there. This thread started to move faster and I missed it.

Any questions for me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes I do. Reads on KWK and Wott for me. Any scumreads? Night.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Wot is not so much town because he obviously doesn't understand the mechanics fully, meaning he didn't read.

Mudslinging? I said I'd choke you to death. I also said I'd choke to death my biggest town read at the moment. You're a null read because you obviously didn't understand the dichotomy I set up in an attempt to read KWK that actually ended up being used on Bardull and Gorf. This means it doesn't apply to you and therefore your slot is null.

**** you just meant "no positive town credit" instead of "is scummy for this" didn't you, that makes everything I was yelling about moot. You gotta realize fmpov this looked like ScumRyker on the PR warpath. I also glazed straight over KWK being asked first but I think I can save it:

Opinions on KWK's pretending to already have similar opinions?

Bardull, I could go along with. Was getting speculative of Wot already. Where's your analysis on Gorf? I'm not really liking him atm.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ran:

I particularly don't like KWK wanting it to go anonymously either, it should be obvious that scum can pile on. I'm not reading into it a whole lot though as far as a scumlean or not. Taking similar stances as murderbrush who is taking an extremely active presence in the game...don't know exactly what to make of em yet really.

Wot, I don't know. I can definitely tell he's agging Murderbrush, I don't really know if it's SvT or TvT at this point.

I feel like Bardull is fluffing about a lot. And I'll have thoughts on gorf in a few, need to reread him.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
yo KWK and Wots do you think gorf was just being absent minded and didn't think things all the way through regarding the shield, or do you guys think he planned on trying to get town to anonymously pass on the shield with scum intent?

also curious if you guys thought he was trying too hard with chaco or not
I'll think about it and see what my other head has to say. It's possible, and certainly didn't win town points, but I was looking elsewhere while it happened and don't think I can give it a thorough enough intent read before I crash for the night. What did he try with Chaco that made you think he was trying too hard?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
@Ranmaru, I don't like him for some of the same reasons I don't like Gorf. I don't agree with how he wants the shield to be handled and when it comes to something as powerful as a bulletproof, it's eyebrow-raising. I could go for either Chaco or Gorf right now.

@Bardull, I don't think Gorf is being absent-minded. I don't know about him trying too hard with Chaco, however I don't like how he completely dropped his questions for Chaco after voting him.

@ Chaco Chaco , re read. I want it decided publicly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The fact he prefaces his argument with stop trying to make nothing look like something, then does just that.

Gorf's playing with me in two other games currently, by this point he knows when I post, it's usually a few times in a row or a long paragraph. Hitting different replies as I read. If I'm posting a one liner, that's never all that's coming.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Ranmaru, I don't like him for some of the same reasons I don't like Gorf. I don't agree with how he wants the shield to be handled and when it comes to something as powerful as a bulletproof, it's eyebrow-raising. I could go for either Chaco or Gorf right now.

@Bardull, I don't think Gorf is being absent-minded. I don't know about him trying too hard with Chaco, however I don't like how he completely dropped his questions for Chaco after voting him.

@ Chaco Chaco , re read. I want it decided publicly.
Elaborate. What don't you agree with as far as the shield handling goes?

#HBC | Gorf

quick chime:

@haters saying i dropped the chaco train: i didn't. it just happened to be derailed when the shield discussion blew up. but it IS worth noting how chaco tried turning that on me (good sheep) after tryna regurgitate the calling-my-position-on-the-shield-thing-scummy malarkey last page.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It is scummy, prove where it isn't? It should be common knowledge that scum could easily outnumber. Murder essentially did the same thing I was doing, had I been in thread at that time I would've said the same thing. You don't want to openly bring that info out first because you want to see who chimes in to let random votes happen.

It's funny, you keep accusing me of what you're doing... o.o Except the word I'd use is scapegoat.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I love reasonless votes. Explain? Content above two words maybe?
Now I can.

Wanted to add votes to see where it would lead, was interested when Gorf questioned you on you with the shield stuff and added my vote. voted while skimming page 2 and was at work.

Still think it is better here right now given how you have been posting, not sure what your direction is right now.

@ BarDulL BarDulL Want my vote on Joker instead? If not wanna join in on Chaco?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Ah, okay.

In another light an idea that hasn't been mentioned, forcibly passing the shield every night? Reporting who next day phase. Scum get it and keep it, they're reported as getting it because person holding it is unkillable until then. They'll be forced to move it. Scumhunt like normal and keep it moving. It also gives the chance for scum to be slipped by a constantly moving shield. If they hold onto it. Whoever flips anti-town, investigate their pass interactions if they've had them.
We've already mentioned that we can't see the pass interactions and are merely taking the sender and receiver's word for it.

A few reasons really. Endgame viability, ending safe haven of circulation, killing a target and saying they passed it to them (WIFOM hell), etc. They can pull off things with it in a few different manner. I obviously don't mean the beginning of the game.
So you're suggesting do the shield move thing closer to endgame? That's dangerous because if scum gets their hands on it, they can keep it to themselves/pass it among themselves.

It would have to be based off of full disclosure, and knowing our choice gets the shield.
Is this suggesting we vote each day who gets the shield? I missed this one initially actually. I like that better. But we're still placing our trust in the sender and recipient. And if the recipient is scum, that can screw us over.

are you serious

WORST CASE SCENARIO with a 4 man team one person gets 3 votes. out of 16 that's nowhere near majority and, considering the fact that the person who gets the shield isn't gonna be on hard founded reads, most people will majority vote the town read that they feel deserves to be protected most. anonymity won't swing it toward scum, it'll hide who gets the shield. the only thing announcing it will do is expose whoever gets the shield and scum will steer clear of killin em. unless of course they choose to give up the shield, in which case... since they're exposed it basically paints a fat target on em.

also take your vote off of me white trash
Sending the shield blindly off to whoever is widely accepted to be the towniest on D1 is dumb. If we get it wrong, scum could have the shield for the rest of the game. Also, if the votes are close, a group of scum votes could easily tip it the wrong way.

i can actually dig this

honestly if everyone thinks that publicly voting for the shield is better than i think we should abide by this
Now he's put himself slightly behind both sides. This looks like he's trying to cover for himself to me.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
THIS TIME IT WASN'T ME!

On the subject of the shield, do not vote to destroy it. A BP Townie is infinitely more powerful than a BP Scumbag. As for who you vote for, you should vote for me. Captain America is my favorite superhero.
Dat patriot.
That said, I agree with this here. And I'm sure this game has the mechanics and roles to where town can leverage this bp as well

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
IMPORTANT MODNOTE

The shield will be triggered by plurality if no majority is reached. This means that whoever (including destroy shield) has the most votes receives the shield. Example:

X has 5 votes to receive the shield.
Y has 4 votes.
Destroy shield has 4 votes.

Even though a majority has not been reached, X still receives it. However, if a majority is] reached, we will post that one has been reached.

The original shield post has been updated with this information.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT MODNOTE

The shield will be triggered by plurality if no majority is reached. This means that whoever (including destroy shield) has the most votes receives the shield. Example:

Y has 4 votes.

Even though a majority has not been reached, X still receives it. However, if a majority is] reached, we will post that one has been reached.

Can you confirm if the shield lasts past d1?

#HBC | Gorf

It is scummy, prove where it isn't? It should be common knowledge that scum could easily outnumber. Murder essentially did the same thing I was doing, had I been in thread at that time I would've said the same thing. You don't want to openly bring that info out first because you want to see who chimes in to let random votes happen.

It's funny, you keep accusing me of what you're doing... o.o Except the word I'd use is scapegoat.
shut your mouth. of COURSE it's obvious that scum can outnumber. but as ive pointed out i think the risks outweigh the benefits. im not dumb enough to think im reusing anyone by leaving that out -.-

kantrip said:
Now he's put himself slightly behind both sides. This looks like he's trying to cover for himself to me.
this looks like you're an idiot to me.

IMPORTANT MODNOTE

Y has 4 votes.

although with this info i think it's fairly clear that voting publicly is our best option.

oH nO gOrF iS tRyNa CoVeR hImSeLf HeS sLiPpInG sO hArD!!!!!11

Top Bottom