• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC Smash Player Locator

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
So if it's cool with everyone who actually reads this, I'd like to make this thread a new Player Locator for strictly DC Smashers and maybe some MD smashers. The actual Nation's Capital scene has looked to me pretty nonexistent, but I know there are at least some DC smashers and I'd like to make this thread available to them. I say this because the small amount of DC smashers get grouped in with the MD/VA smashers, which makes it hard to weed out the relatively small amount of DC Smashers in a huge sea of MD/VA players. I also say this because I cannot drive since I lack a license and most other places in MD/VA are not that accessible with car or public transportation and are not usually worth the time it takes to get to and from the locations if you actually live in DC. So if anyone has no objections, I'd like to keep this thread up at least for a while to see if a decent amount of DC Smashers start to show up. If they do I'd like to make this a permanent thread for as long as I can. Also if I can, I'd like to be the one to update this thread and put down player information accordingly. So yea if anyone would like to make a post and wants there info put down then I'll be more than happy to do it when I get around to it, which will probably be daily if anything. Hope to hear from ya'll soon. Peace!

P.S. I will need you all to post where you are in DC (i.e. North East DC) and street names would also be helpful in this situation. I'll also need you to post contact information as well. You should also put the BEST way to contact you if you put down more than one way to contact you; It would also be very helpful to put down which Smash Bros. game that you play seeing as how you have smashers who don't play all three games like that. Well I think that covers everything for now so I look forward to all your posts. Thanks ya'll.

As of right now here are the players I have listed according to area

Washington, DC

Me PuppetMaster12
Contact Info: Cell (Best way to contact me) 202 329-1709; Komono12@yahoo.com
Smash Games: I play all 3 but mostly Melee and Brawl

Wuss
Contact Info: AIM name: middeterminist
Smash Games: Melee

FalconPunch
Contact Info: YIM him at Carlitoabreu@verizon.net
Smash Games: Melee first and foremost and Brawl is fine but a last resort.

DyceDarg

Location: Near Cleveland Park and Tenleytown Metro Stations (right across the street from Sidwell Friends School)
Contact Info: send a PM to this person on SWF
Smash Games: Mostly Melee

Maryland

Overclassed
Contact Info: Send a PM to this person on SWF
Smash Games: Plays Brawl and Brawl+

Zeros
Contact Info: Send a PM to this person on SWF
Smash Games: Plays Melee only

Virginia

thesage
Location: Arlington, VA. Lives near the intersection of George Mason Drive and King Street/Leesburg Pike
Contact Info: Send a PM through SWF
Smash Games: Plays Brawl+ and Melee

DOSV
Location: Fort Myer, VA (Arlington County) (Right next to the Rosslyn Metro Station)
Contact Info: Cell: 443-570-6447; AIM: Mars absolut
Smash Games: Melee

yeksson
Contact Info: AIM SN: yeksson or PM through SWF
Smash Games: Brawl

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Crofton-

S'part of the Metro area.

I play Brawl and Brawl+

Contact me via PM SWF, if you please.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well I live in Arlington Va which is the part of DC Virginia took back during the civil war.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Ya'll are some smart alecks hahaha. Prior to finishing this message I did a lil research and you are correct that VA took it back in 1847. However, 1847 was before the Civil War started just so you know :) And even so you are part of VA now MoFo! But you seem to be pretty cool so I guess you'll be the first one I post on the VA section. And if you could, could you provide the rest of the information I requested in my P.S.? It would be much appreciated man. Hope to hear from ya soon. Peace!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Cotact me through a pm on swf. I live near the intersection of george mason drive and king street/leesburg pike.

I play brawl+ and melee.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Thanx for the quick updates man. And I may send you a PM myself to see if I can't get your Brawl Friend Code if you'd like to get some games in some time. Alright man. Peace!

Wuss

Smash Champion
yea...
I haven't had time to play, but when the summer starts, I may be able to play more, or even have another fest at my house, perhaps.

I like this is supposed to be for DC, and yet currently 2/3 of people on it are not from DC...

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
yea...
I haven't had time to play, but when the summer starts, I may be able to play more, or even have another fest at my house, perhaps.

I like this is supposed to be for DC, and yet currently 2/3 of people on it are not from DC...
Well as of now with the current update that's about to take place you and I make up the actual DC majority for the first time. Man it's nice to actually find someone who lives decently close to me in DC. Yea if you have a fest at your house let me know and I might be able to make it. And besides the fest we should hook up at some point and get some games of Melee. So at some point you may get a random IM from me on AIM. But until then practice up and keep on gamin'. Peace!

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
DOSv
Fort Myer, VA. (Arlington County)
Cell: 443 - 570 - 6447, AIM: Mars absolut
Melee only

I'm right next to the Rosslyn Metro so I'm basically in DC.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
DOSv
Fort Myer, VA. (Arlington County)
Cell: 443 - 570 - 6447, AIM: Mars absolut
Melee only

I'm right next to the Rosslyn Metro so I'm basically in DC.
Well I guess you are in the "DC Greater Metropolitan area." But yea your information has been added successfully. I know Rosslyn is on the orange line so maybe I can find where ur at some time. And if I'm not mistaken isn't your cell a MD number? Peace!

Zeros

Smash Cadet
does southern maryland count? Waldorf player =p
Melee Only (Brawl is a good game. Very fun. But in my personal opinion I just cant see it beeing competitive ya know? its llike Nintendo tried to make it like.. Kiddie? if that makes any sense lol)
Been Ages since ive been back on the threads. And WHY WILL NO ONE IN THE GENERAL MD/VA Area make a Melee Tourney? xD lol
I only see PA, NJ, and NewYork staying strong with Melee :( what happened to the Good ol' Days with Piano Man? lolol
Nice to be back tho, and Ive been hounding the UMBC Thread still looks like they are locked down for testing :( Patience.. Patience..

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
does southern maryland count? Waldorf player =p
Melee Only (Brawl is a good game. Very fun. But in my personal opinion I just cant see it beeing competitive ya know? its llike Nintendo tried to make it like.. Kiddie? if that makes any sense lol)
Been Ages since ive been back on the threads. And WHY WILL NO ONE IN THE GENERAL MD/VA Area make a Melee Tourney? xD lol
I only see PA, NJ, and NewYork staying strong with Melee :( what happened to the Good ol' Days with Piano Man? lolol
Nice to be back tho, and Ive been hounding the UMBC Thread still looks like they are locked down for testing :( Patience.. Patience..
Zeros you have been successfully added to the list. And yes I figure southern MD counts since this is technically no longer a DC player locater. And as for Brawl being kinda kiddy I can see that perspective. However, I will say this for Brawl, and I do still believe that Melee is a much better game in my opinion, but I believe Brawl will ultimately end up being competitive, just not in the same ways Melee is. And if you know of any Melee or smash tournies in general going on in the DC,MD, or VA then it would be great if you could let me know since I don't really keep up with the whole area scene. Also, who is this Piano Man you mentioned. He sounds mysterious I guess. Anyways I'm sure all are glad to have you back and until next time keep gaming man. Peace!

Wuss

Smash Champion
hey puppetmaster, I might try to go to sypher's this weekend (not sure if I can), but in the future, I could give you rides to these ****s if you wanna go. otherwise, weekends are where it's at, and I'll be a bit more available for smash in the future.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
hey puppetmaster, I might try to go to sypher's this weekend (not sure if I can), but in the future, I could give you rides to these ****s if you wanna go. otherwise, weekends are where it's at, and I'll be a bit more available for smash in the future.
Yea man that sounds great! I more than likely can't go to anything smash this weekend because I have to be in a wedding on the 20th of this month, and unless I have the next day off and am available I won't be able to do anything on Sunday. But more than likely the weekend after this one coming up you should hit me up on my cell on a Wednesday or some time after that to see if we can meet up to go to a smash event on the weekend. Keep in touch and hope to hear from you soon man. Peace!

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman
yea, most def. the other guy that lives in dc, carlos, can't remember his smash name, should be on here to. Wonder where he is...
Here I am!!!
Glad to see you back Wuss ^_^
I'm about a month late though...

Anyways, Melee is always good for me, but Brawl is fine as a last resort.

I live in NW DC, by Howard University. It's pretty close to NE. I probably live closer to you than to Wuss lol. You can YIM at Carlitoabreu@verizon.net
Do you live by a Train Station? It'd be a lot easier to get to you.

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess you are in the "DC Greater Metropolitan area." But yea your information has been added successfully. I know Rosslyn is on the orange line so maybe I can find where ur at some time. And if I'm not mistaken isn't your cell a MD number? Peace!
Yeah thats a Baltimore phone number.

DOSV we live in the same county. We should smash sometime.
Word. Hit me up on AIM sometime.

DyceDarg

Smash Cadet
I got two houses, but most of the time I'm in DC. Melee only though. (Well...MOSTLY melee.)

I'm near Cleveland Park and Tenleytown Metros...make sense? If you know where the Sidwell Friends School is I'm right across the street.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Here I am!!!
Glad to see you back Wuss ^_^
I'm about a month late though...

Anyways, Melee is always good for me, but Brawl is fine as a last resort.

I live in NW DC, by Howard University. It's pretty close to NE. I probably live closer to you than to Wuss lol. You can YIM at Carlitoabreu@verizon.net
Do you live by a Train Station? It'd be a lot easier to get to you.
FalconPunch you have been successfully added to the list and it's awesome to have you on here. And btw yes I do live close to a train station. The closest station I live to is either Brookland or Fort Totten Station. So yea I will definitely try to hit you or Wuss up to get some games at some point. I'm pretty sure I work most of this weekend, but since you're pretty close to me I'm sure we'll game soon I hope. Oh and you wouldn't happen to be a Captain Falcon user would you. Because if so that would make me really happy :)

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
I got two houses, but most of the time I'm in DC. Melee only though. (Well...MOSTLY melee.)

I'm near Cleveland Park and Tenleytown Metros...make sense? If you know where the Sidwell Friends School is I'm right across the street.
DyceDarg you have been successfully added to the list and thank you for posting on this thread. I kind of know where that is but yea I've been around the Tenleytown area before so if we hook up some time it shouldn't be too hard to find you. And one more thing... if you could post the best way to contact you so I can add it to your name that would be great and then you'd be all set. Once again thanks for posting and being from DC so I think now we are the majority on this thread haha. Until then man keep gaming. Peace!

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Dude, you're like so close. I can just bus there in 20 minutes easy.
Well if you are that close to me I guess. Tell me.. what do your plans for Monday look like. Only reason I ask is that I work all this weekend unless you'd like to possibly get together on Sunday when I get off of work at around 6:15 PM. If anyone of those days work for you just let me know, otherwise we can just reschedule a meeting later at some point. Until then keep gaming man. Peace!

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of anything going on on Sunday? Even if it's smash at some random person's house either i can try to make it or see if i can get a ride with someone if that's the case. Oh and I know I am definitely going to try to make it this year, but is anyone else going to Otakon 2009? It would be great to see some of you guys there.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
I could probably play sunday if you want. I could get my friends and you and carlos maybe? and anyone else I suppose...
Yea man if u can Sunday I'd totally be down for some smashing! You should give me a call on my cell at some point before this week is over so we can work out the details. I'm just really tired of playing L9 comps lol.

Top Bottom