• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC Lag Cancel

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
Here is the video. It works in Brawl too.

This tech is different from the one in brawl.

We are about to talk about Smash 4's DC Lag Cancel

Dont worry. This tech is pretty simple and easy to pull off

All you need to do is tap :GCD::GCB:

Do not do in the air! Only on the ground

When Meta Knight is completely invisible, release :GCB: and hold :GCUR:.

Success : Meta Knight will be in his idle animation when successfully doing this tech
You can pull off any attack or special moves

Wrong! : Meta Knight will be in his dimensional cape animation. You cant do any attack

Read the description in the video!

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
I forgot something. About a chance of 3-4 Meta Knight will be using no landing lag with Dimensional Cape (DC)

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
You can do it from the air, so long as Meta Knight comes out of DC at the height of a full hop. Easiest to do this by just doing a full hop and holding straight right or left.
He can also cancel the lag of the slash DC but at a different height. The easiest method I figure for doing this is by fullhopping, then at the peak of the jump activate DC and hold diagonally up (basically the same as what you described, but with the jump beforehand). I think it's a little less than 45° though so you might want to test it out.

The cape autocancels are cool for messing around to go around the stage but have limited usefulness in battle. While they can sometimes be good for catching your opponent off-guard, you can still be easily punished if you're careless about it since you suffer the helpless falling state for a moment.

On a related note, MK can cancel Tornado too. I usually full hop and just before the peak of the jump, start spamming B. He will carry the opponent up and then fall with no landing lag.

Top Bottom