• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawson's SSBB Tournament (Montreal, QC, CA)

r X

Smash Rookie
Come brawl it up!

While Meta Knight was banned at the last tournament, we decided to allow him for this one.

The tournament is located at 2C.17 at Oliver's. Sign up early and rules are at 2C.11. Reserve your space as it is limited. There will be six brackets that last 1 hour each and can only accommodate 16 players a piece. The winner of each bracket advances to the
Quarter-Finals, then Semi, then Finals at the end of the day. Entry is $5 for the tournament and there will be free play all day.

There will be some wii-mote/nunchucks maybe a gc controller here and there, but we advise everyone to bring their own controller .

Bloc 1: 10:00-11:00

Bloc 2: 11:00-12:00

Bloc 3: 12:00-1:00

Bloc 4: 1:00-2:00

Bloc 5: 2:00-3:00

Bloc 6: 3:00-4:00

Quarter, Semi and Finals 4:00-6:00

Rules:

3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Any stage both players agree on(yes if you both want rumble falls go for that bull ****), but if an agreement is not reached in under 30 seconds the match will go to Final Destination

-No counter picking (Players must whisper which character they plan to use to judges prior to the match)

LINK TO FACEBOOK EVENT:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=70316406816

ThatGuy

Smash Master
It's during my March break, I think I can attend this one. Just a couple things:

My name's Joel and I won one of your tournaments awhile back (Melee, before Brawl came out, I played Falcon). It looks like it's the same format, my concern is will people be able to buy back in? Last time I went, the entry fee was 2$ and I didn't get to play for roughly 8 hours because people kept buying back in. The finals ended up being a free for all. Items and handicaps were involved. There were only 2 setups (TV/console combo), and only 1 of them was used for the tournament. I never recieved my prize :(.

My question is: will all of the above not happen? :p

I heard about some Dawson tournaments being run better after that, so I trust that this one should hopefully go smoother.

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
played like **** (yes john) but was fun for my first tournament

Top Bottom