• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daveybird's Art

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Hey, here's a few pictures I made.

Falco with no Boots
Using Brawl Falco Model and DAZ Studio's Genesis:

I modified the models in Corel Photopaint X4, and I'm currently working on a NASCAR Heat Mod showcasing them, called "X-Wedge." Here's a screenshot of some of them racing at a Lucas Oil Stadium track I made:

The Black man with the cardinal head is me, lol!

EDIT: I took the Thighnosaur pictures off, cause apparently people got disturbed.

How do you guys like my Falco picture mod?

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Okay, I know the Thighnosaurs are kinda creepy to people like you, but what about that Falco pic?
People like me? :p

And I thought he would have like....chicken legs or something. Correct me if I am wrong. Hard to tell what a character has on it they always wear clothes.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
People like me? :p

And I thought he would have like....chicken legs or something. Correct me if I am wrong. Hard to tell what a character has on it they always wear clothes.
I was gonna question the whole "people like you" thing as well xD Idk what he was implying about you

Actually, falco without the boots.....It's believed that he would have no feet or legs in general from the knees down. Theres a theory that the Starfox crew had their legs amputated due reduce strains on the body during space travel. Fun facts . w .

And um.....Did you splice one of the DAZ models with the Falco model?

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
I was gonna question the whole "people like you" thing as well xD Idk what he was implying about you

Actually, falco without the boots.....It's believed that he would have no feet or legs in general from the knees down. Theres a theory that the Starfox crew had their legs amputated due reduce strains on the body during space travel. Fun facts . w .

And um.....Did you splice one of the DAZ models with the Falco model?
I just Photoshopped the DAZ model with Falco. Lol at the amputated legs thing. And about the "people like you" thing, I used to be on some fan art forums, and they kept telling me that my art style was wrong and I had to change or else I'd never be a good artist. I guess you guys are more accepting than them, so sorry.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is absolutely true, They had metallic legs. I can doubt that they still have that inside their boots though.

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
This is absolutely true, They had metallic legs. I can doubt that they still have that inside their boots though.
Yeah, but I heard on Arwingpedia it was more of a budget concern. Also, Nintendo probably didn't put a lot of thought into the anatomy of the Starfox characters (except Krystal), so I guess it can be anything you can think up.

EDIT: I also found out that it was just in the SNES version their legs were like this, and that isn't canon anymore. Anyways, check this out: http://nintendoeverything.com/81986/star-fox-had-metal-legs/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, that whole Metallic Leg thing is a really awesome fact. I kind of like the Star Fox games more now because of that

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Wow, that whole Metallic Leg thing is a really awesome fact. I kind of like the Star Fox games more now because of that
Yeah, it's just a silly little theory that came about because some people messed up on the Nintendo Power cover advertising the original Star Fox, then fans tried to come up with a realistic explanation for it. Whether or not it's true, is up to our imaginations. Does make sense from a realism standpoint, though, but I doubt that's what Nintendo did to the Starfox characters from at least post-SNES era.

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Oh, god, he's expanding and branching out.

Guys... you're not gonna like what you see.
Shut up Zero. People like you fail to get your head from out of your ass, and thus realize that there are people who like my art, and just because they like it, doesn't mean they have "bad taste" and you should "pity" them. Everyone grow up and accept all art.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Realistically, all art won't be accepted.
Because there are people always arguing the definition of art. Plus, people have artistic preferences that cause them to prefer certain work and dislike other kids.

Prefacing that with 'well there are other people who like my work' doesn't mean he will suddenly like it. And that's okay. Just means he is not your intended audience.

And if he is mean about it, that's his problem not yours. Insulting back doesn't help.

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
Realistically, all art won't be accepted.
Because there are people always arguing the definition of art. Plus, people have artistic preferences that cause them to prefer certain work and dislike other kids.

Prefacing that with 'well there are other people who like my work' doesn't mean he will suddenly like it. And that's okay. Just means he is not your intended audience.

And if he is mean about it, that's his problem not yours. Insulting back doesn't help.

Well, I guess I've gotta stay within my audience. Also I won't be putting my real disturbing pictures here.

Top Bottom