• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing Out of Crouch and Standing Help!

Diltune

Smash Cadet
If I'm in a 'wait' position and I try to dash backwards, over half the time I end up doing the turn around animation AND THEN dashing. Same for crouching and sometimes out of wavedashes.

I've seen Wizzy time and time again getting his dashes out of a crouch when he tech-chases, and PPMD dash backwards out of wavedashes consistantly, but I dont understand it. Is there a technique? Do I have to consciously think about it beforehand?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Dashing back is hard. Kadano wrote about it.

Dashing back out of crouch is easier than dashing back out of Wait because the same restrictions don't apply.What's hard about it is moving the control stick from down to sideways fast enough. If the y-value of the control stick is between -0.2875 and -0.6500 (iirc) then you'll enter a rising crouch state called SquatRV that you can't dash out of. For reference, the diagonal corners on the control stick gate have y-values of 0.7000. So you want to move the stick back within at least 2 frames but not have it spend a frame between -0.2875 and -0.6500

Basically: do it faster.

Pauer

The Pauerful
When doing wavedash->dash back, I find it best to reset the stick to neutral during the wavedash, then dashing back.

Top Bottom