• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing and Nair Ideas

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Well I thought of two new ideas (if they have already been mentioned sorry, I searched for them) and they deal with dashing and the Nair.

My dashing idea is that instead of jamming your joystick to the left or right, or tapping it twice, you're walking/running animation would depend on how far you move your joystick. If you move it slightly to the left then you will walk to the left. If you move it a bit more your character will move a little faster, and so on and so on until your joystick is all the way to the left and your character is dashing as fast as they can. I don't know how this would work out, I dont' see any problems with dash dancing, and it would get rid of characters like fox that can abuse their initial dash animation. I also think it would help with immediately dashing. Sometimes with certain characters I start walking when I mean to dash. I think it woudl help, but whatever, maybe I just suck too much.

My next idea is to make a Nair button. That's right, reserve one button soly for Nair when you are in the air. That way you can DI in a direction and still use Nair, which is vertually impossible in melee. They could keep the C-stick for right, left, up, and down ariels, and make A a nair button, or turn z into a Nair button, or they could turn one of the jump buttons such as X or Y into a Nair button. Remember this button could have other functions when on the ground so it wouldn't interfere with ground attacks.

Well, what do you guys think? I really like my Nair idea and my dashing idea is very interesting to me. And sorry for the long post.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I've had too much trouble with walking when i mean, to dash, but i guess it wouldn't hurt

As far as an nair button, I'd be all for it if I wasn't so used to having to neutralize the stick before any Nairs. At first, it'd be awkward, but I'd take the z button idea (I use both the x and y buttons to jump)

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I wasn't too into the X or Y button idea, but I thought the z button was good. But then you have samus and the Links and can grapple the stage for recovery's so I don't know. I like having the A button for nair and the c stick for all the other ariels, but I dont' know if everyone would be into that. As for the dashing thing I thought it would just be an improvement to the dashing system. There's very little chance either of these would be incorporated but hey, it doesn't hurt to think about it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Both sound redundant. Remember GC and VC controllers don't have that many buttons so making a button that does one thing as [dare I say it?] unnecessary as a nair would be a waste.

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Well replacing the a button as nair only when in the air (it does other attacks when on the ground) and saving the cstick for the other ariels doesn't seem like to much of a waste to me. Eh, whatever.

Top Bottom