• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashdancing is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
I was watching Maximilian_DOOD's stream just now for online play, and I saw one of his opponents do some very nice dashdancing (the opponent was Dr. Mario).

I'm sure you guys mentioned dashdancing was back before, but the timing was awkward. This guy seemed to have done it flawlessly, but that's probably eyes playing tricks on me.

I'll get the GIF of it once the stream is over and I can grab the past broadcast.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND, my eyes were playing tricks on me, it's just the Brawl Dashdance NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
You can DashDance with foxtrots. If you try to change your directiong during the initial animation you will go into the turning laggy animation.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
Yeah, that's the brawl dashdance. not super useful
extremely impressive, though. haha

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
To be honest I didn't dash dance much. Mostly I tea bag in place lol (old COD habit )

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually have been making great use of dash dancing in this game.

I don't know exactly what it is. It feels similar to the Brawl dash dancing. But I feel the window for doing it is slightly more generous.

As a Mega Man main, the way I have been using it is to space myself out a bit to maximise the hits of his dash attack, or to use it as a small quick step back while shooting a Crash Bomb or Metal Blade right after. You can also trick people into a position where you can easily grab them.

I have to play around with it more and try it with other characters, but I'm actually liking it. I couldn't make much use of Brawl's dash dancing that much. A little bit with Sonic, but other than that I found it completely useless. However, I'm really feeling it's helping me out here.

Even if it's just for a single dash dance, I'm finding it useful. Oh, and I only have the demo, BTW, so I can only try the five characters from that.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
One thing that could make dashdancing much more useful in this game than in Brawl is pivot attacks. Now during a dashdance you have more attack options than before including fsmash and ftilt in either direction in addition to the previous options of upsmash and dash attack.

Also I've seen Zero do a lot of pseudo dash dances with characters that have fast runs speeds by either running forward and rolling back, or running, canceling the run with shield, shield dropping (which is super fast in this game), and running back.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
One of my biggest peeves about this game is that the useful "real" dash-dancing is not back. Probably one of the greatest movement options in any game of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom