• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashdance -> Crouch desyncs

Lunar Dusk

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is a new desync, or if I'm just late on the knowledge train, but here goes.

While practicing today, I found out that dash-dancing is really broken while desyncing. Aside from the well known dash-dance into Nana blizzard desync, there are many things that can be done by pressing down to make Nana crouch. Here is some stuff that I really like.

By dashing 3 times, crouching, and pressing any direction on the C-stick, you can make Nana do a solo Smash attack. Since it's a dash, it takes a bit longer to do than to pivot, and makes the ICs move a bit further, but it's definitely easier and more consistent.

By dashing 3 times, crouching, pressing a direction on the C-stick and immediately pressing Z, Nana will charge a Smash attack. This will also make Popo do a grab. This is definitely harder to do than the above desync, since your fingers are all over the place, but it can be a pretty cool way to bait someone to approach and strongly punish.

By doing 2 long dashes, crouching and doing any Smash attack, Nana will do a Smash and Popo will retreat. This is actually my favorite one, since it uses Nana as a bait in a way that's more threatening than a Blizzard, and it spaces Popo pretty well for him to (wave)dash back in and punish. It's mildly difficult, and can definitely be done consistently.

The last thing I found out, by doing 3 dashes, crouching and pressing A, Popo will do a dash-attack while Nana down-tilts. It can be used to set up for further desyncs, like a blizzard, while baiting the opponent to approach to punish the whiffed dash-attack.

That's all I've got right now. If this is old stuff, tell me, and I'll stop pretending like this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Vanitas

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is a new desync, or if I'm just late on the knowledge train, but here goes.

While practicing today, I found out that dash-dancing is really broken while desyncing. Aside from the well known dash-dance into Nana blizzard desync, there are many things that can be done by pressing down to make Nana crouch. Here is some stuff that I really like.

By dashing 3 times, crouching, and pressing any direction on the C-stick, you can make Nana do a solo Smash attack. Since it's a dash, it takes a bit longer to do than to pivot, and makes the ICs move a bit further, but it's definitely easier and more consistent.

By dashing 3 times, crouching, pressing a direction on the C-stick and immediately pressing Z, Nana will charge a Smash attack. This will also make Popo do a grab. This is definitely harder to do than the above desync, since your fingers are all over the place, but it can be a pretty cool way to bait someone to approach and strongly punish.

By doing 2 long dashes, crouching and doing any Smash attack, Nana will do a Smash and Popo will retreat. This is actually my favorite one, since it uses Nana as a bait in a way that's more threatening than a Blizzard, and it spaces Popo pretty well for him to (wave)dash back in and punish. It's mildly difficult, and can definitely be done consistently.

The last thing I found out, by doing 3 dashes, crouching and pressing A, Popo will do a dash-attack while Nana down-tilts. IMO this is the most useless of the bunch, since it doesn't have many benefits over simply doing a synced dash attack. It can, however, be used to set up for further desyncs, like a blizzard, while baiting the opponent to approach to punish the whiffed dash-attack.

That's all I've got right now. If this is old stuff, tell me, and I'll stop pretending like this is the best thing since sliced bread.
Definitely knew about the first 3. You can also make Nana ice block too out of a crouch but the input for crouch has to be very short. However, the fourth one was new to me. Upon testing, I found out you can actually charge a downsmash instead of downtilting lol. I'm thinking it could be used for people to immediately go punish the whiffed dash attack and fall into a downsmash but the timing for the three dashes could become predictable if people are accustomed to that dash dance tempo if you're doing it too often.

Cool discovery though!

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to shoot you down so quickly but im pretty sure even though both your perspective and angle on this are unique this has all been discussed before. Finding stuff around here is pretty challenging though, so i don't blame you.

Also not to beat a dead horse but i think the way things are looking at this point in time, for better or worse, the smashbox will be universal legal by this time next year and we will all have solo popo dash desync buttons on our control sticks and be able to do this stuff immediately.

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Cool discovery, disappointed to see Vanitas SWF avatar is Kingdom Hearts stuff, smh.

Epic!

Smash Rookie
Hi Lunar, here's something I found out you can do with Dash Dancing: When you Dash back --> Dash Forward, and then Shield with a specific timing, you will see that Popo will Shield but Nana won't be able to because she is in the "trying to stop running" animation. Now if you didn't know, when you press Shield and Jump on the exact same frame, you will only Shield. This means that you can make Nana jump and throw an Ice Block while you are Shielding with Popo. You can then WD OOS and chase the Ice Block. I think it's pretty interresting and not that hard to do consistently with practice.

NTRN

Smash Cadet
That is pretty neat, I didn't know that one. I use something that is a similar concept that I believe is faster and has more application, I jump on the same frame I dash back, and the smash turn input overrides the jump, but Nana can't smash turn, so she jumps. You can run, keep dash dancing, WD or shield or whatever you like. It is great for setting up a desync ice block, blizzard or aerial in like 3 frames or however fast you can hit the did.

NTRN

Smash Cadet
That's a cool desync, but it seems a bit too difficult to be practical.
Maybe. It does take some time to learn and apply effectively, but I do it all the time in tournament with a lot of success. For me it is worth it for the increased capability I get.

CkBk

Smash Rookie
Maybe. It does take some time to learn and apply effectively, but I do it all the time in tournament with a lot of success. For me it is worth it for the increased capability I get.
oh god yes, been using nana pivot jump ice blocks for a few months now and they are so good.

Top Bottom