• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash-Wavedash makes a difference ?

it_is_only_me

Smash Rookie
We all know and love Luigi's wavedash, the thing is, luigi can perform dash wave-dashes as well:

He start a dash for 1 frame, then, during the next frames of jump animation (that we need to wait) he will be sliding due the dash making he go a little further than a normal wavedash. Because I'm not a pro I wonder if this tech is particularly useful to luigi

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
I think it's defnitly useable for mixups in your moovement, or get the perfect length you need in one wavedash. Most commenly I use it out of dashdance. I think it's not needed in most situations, since it is more frames too do dash->WD if you already can close the gap with a single WD. This is just an opinion tho. :p

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Eddie Mexico does this liberally, and for good reason. After finally meeting him at Apex 2015 it was my biggest takeaway after playing together.

It's less committal than a full on wavedash in that if circumstances change, you can just convert it into a dash-dance / wavedash in place.

Interweaving dashdancing and wavedashs gives us incredible control with our movement and the slight distance boost is nothing to scoff at. That little bit of distance can be the deciding factor if you approach with a Wavedash -> Ftilt vs Dash -> Wavedash -> Ftilt and intend to hit your opponent.

I suggest messing around with it to see how it's uses (I'm always a proponent for experimenting) and how you can incorporate into your play-style. It's not the end all be all (in the sense that you shouldn't be doing this every single time) but it's useful to know you have it as an option.

Top Bottom