• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Technique

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
So I'm sure this all ready has a name/exists, but I've come to call it dash teching (for now). Nothing overtly complex but a fantastic play especially for little mac who excels at dash speed and rolls. Since the inception of brawl 4, one new addition has been insta-shielding mid dash, this allows (when properly timed) one to continue their own forward motion as a dodge/roll. When sprinting towards the opponent you can essentially backwards and forwards roll as part of the continued motion for superior positioning and throwing off your opponents spacing/calculations. Typically they respond with roll spamming to survive and thats when you follow up with a nice down smash but nevermind that.

As you get comfortable these chain together very efficiently to create a mesmerizing and obnoxious pattern of movement that can become an utter nightmare to deal with. At it's fastest and most efficient level, the shield never even becomes visible during movement.

if you haven't tried it, consider ending that dash towards the opponent with a forward *instant roll. Punish as they mispredict any grab/attack/parry. Apologies if this thread ends up as redundant.

This has been one of my largest keys to fortunate success in maintaining a +95% win ratio on Glory.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I was playing the Wii U demo today. I was using this without even realizing it was a thing :p But yeah combine this with switching it up with patient play and waiting for the opponent to come at you, then counter attacking is basically how i won most of my matches that i played with little mac :p

Leon Trotsky

Smash Rookie
Yes! Little Macs dash and roll speed is insane. I also found out that you can cancel the first few frames of your roll into a dash grab. This boosts his dash grab range noticeably. I posted a thread about this already, but if you do it correctly you'll get the spark flash that happens when you initiate a roll, but a dash grab will come out.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yes! Little Macs dash and roll speed is insane. I also found out that you can cancel the first few frames of your roll into a dash grab. This boosts his dash grab range noticeably. I posted a thread about this already, but if you do it correctly you'll get the spark flash that happens when you initiate a roll, but a dash grab will come out.
Damn! That's sick. Gotta try it when i get the game.

Top Bottom