• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Pivot Cancel

null55

Smash Master
Dash Pivot Cancel vid by SamuraiPanda - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg

Anyone ever try to incorporate this into their game? It seems like it could be something interesting with Ike's f-smash. I'd experiment with it myself right now, but I'm out of town.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
it's kinda...meh. Ike doesn't slide far at ALL with this, if I remember correctly. :( Good for spacing, but not useful enough to warrant the f-smash you want to use after. Plus, it's kinda wasting movement when you could simply do something else.

null55

Smash Master
Wow, now I kind of wish I would have been able to check this before impetuously making this thread.

lol, thanks anyway.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
*NOT* to say that it's not useful at ALL; perhaps you could find some use with Ike...but, yeah. :( No problem.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
The window for Ike to get the cancel is pretty small compared to other characters... If you wanted to use it though... downsmash might be the best option since the back half is stronger than the front.

Top Bottom