• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash-dancing with Pikmin?

Gary

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think the pikmin will follow Olimar a la Nana? Or do you think they'll actually be able to dash dance? I think it'd be so awesome to be able to have that much control over their movement, but if they followed rigidly behind Olimar, that would limit the use of the whistle to Pikmin knocked away.

On that note, how well do you think Pikmin can survive an attack? I hope they don't die in one hit... that means lots of plucking and a WEAK character.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I don't think the Pikmin will be like Nana other then just being followers.

In the end Olimar's usefullness will be dependant on how many hits the Pikmin can take.

If they are uber weak and die in one hit...that's going to suck really badly.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
Chances are they'll die slightly slower than Olimar can pick them. Otherwise it would be extremely hard to have a full line in battle...

I think the idea could be that by the time you can kill one, Olimar could have replaced it, so you have to try to interrupt him as much as possible, and assassinate his Pikmin while he's unable to regenerate them.
That will likely be hard however.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
The pikmin won't die in one hit. In the first post about pikmin it said that they scatter easily. It would be impossible for them to scatter if they just died. Also, it'd just plain suck.

Goat12000

Smash Cadet
I wonder, if you got to close to a pikmin that was seperatd would it try to defend its self or just sit there and die?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
well, even if they are able to dash dance, I'm expecting it to be slow like the rest of his moves probably will be.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Well, after playing Pikmin for the first time in a while, I'm stoked for Olimar. I think the Pikmin will defend themselves, and I highly doubt they will die with a single hit. Olimar would literally CONSTANTLY need to be picking, he'd never have time to attack.

(100th post! Journeyman at last!)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, after playing Pikmin for the first time in a while, I'm stoked for Olimar. I think the Pikmin will defend themselves, and I highly doubt they will die with a single hit. Olimar would literally CONSTANTLY need to be picking, he'd never have time to attack.

(100th post! Journeyman at last!)
I'm guessing it will take approx. 30 to 50% damage to knock out a Pikmin.

Top Bottom