• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash dancing against Falco?

AznGabe

Smash Rookie
As a noobish Marth, I am having a lot of trouble implementing an effective dash dance against Falco and I'm sure everyone can guess why......LASERS!!! How does one use dash dance when lasers are constantly stopping your momentum? I keep finding myself in situations where I'm standing in one place trying to powershield or shield grabbing the Falco once it approaches. So what is the secret to handling it?

iCrash

Smash Cadet
Lazers have VERY little hitstun (like, 3 frames?), so if you can practice dashing out of a lazer that enables you to do a ton. Its a bit tricky, but 20xx has some helpful ways to practice- You can find some SSBM Academy tutorials on this.

Chiripp

Smash Rookie
I usually move around the lasers with platforms and jumping. It's not as effective as powershieding since that usually gets the falco to approach immediately while jumping and dodging means you'll either have to approach this way, which can be kinda hard or just keep dodging and try to outpatient him.

Top Bottom