• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dance > DTilt

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
I'm working on leveling up my Marth and one big thing I've been trying to use more dtilt. But, whenever I try and dtilt out of a DD as a poke, the dash animation is still going on and the dtilt (as well as crouch animation in general) takes a second or 2 to actually come out. I know about crouching in a run to dtilt and I do that rather well, but it's just the dash and DD that gives me an issue.

Any tips on getting this as fast as possible and more consistent?

Shrug

Smash Cadet
If you want to down tilt out of a dash dance, you either need to wavedash or pivot. It's too bad that you can't crouch during your dash animation, but the other two options work just fine. I'd recommend using wavedash since pivot down tilt, while faster, is significantly more difficult than wavedash -> down tilt. When using wavedash down tilt, be careful not to wavedash too far. You don't want to slide into unsafe space like that!

AirFair

Marth tho
Well, If you are in a close Dashdance then you can pivot, as mentioned before, and it's fast but difficult
You can also wd in place and dtilt instead, but it sacrifices a little speed.

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
If you want to down tilt out of a dash dance, you either need to wavedash or pivot. It's too bad that you can't crouch during your dash animation, but the other two options work just fine. I'd recommend using wavedash since pivot down tilt, while faster, is significantly more difficult than wavedash -> down tilt. When using wavedash down tilt, be careful not to wavedash too far. You don't want to slide into unsafe space like that!
I had a feeling that would be the answer, but another problem I have is exactly that: WD too far. But that comes with practice, I guess. Thanks! :]

Well, If you are in a close Dashdance then you can pivot, as mentioned before, and it's fast but difficult
You can also wd in place and dtilt instead, but it sacrifices a little speed.
I think I'll try to WD in place and see how that works out until I get better at my spacing. Thanks dude!
Also, as a side comment, you are one of the MOST HELPFUL people on the Marth board, like no joke. Thanks for being awesome! :]

Binx

Smash Master
In general I wouldn't dtilt out of a dash dance, the idea of dash dancing is to bait a commitment, if they arent biting you could probably just as easily go for a grab or reset to neutral. I'm not a marth expert but I cant remember a single time I saw pewpewu or ppmd dtilt out of a dash dance either.

To be clear I am not saying it couldnt have uses I just cant think of any right now.

Sail

Smash Cadet
You can also do it out of the momentum stall movement PP does. DD then WD back and immediately dash forward, then you wait out the dash animation and then crouch->dtilt. PP mixes in this movement a lot so he ends up threatening dtilt a lot too.

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
You can also do it out of the momentum stall movement PP does. DD then WD back and immediately dash forward, then you wait out the dash animation and then crouch->dtilt. PP mixes in this movement a lot so he ends up threatening dtilt a lot too.
See, I knew there could be some use for that weird momentum thing with WD! I'll have to practice that, thanks!

Top Bottom