• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash dance and Wavedash

Largemike32197

Smash Cadet
I would think wd oos would be idea to punish a tipper f smash over just small chip damage from up-b. Wavelanding is really good for bowser it's pretty long an fast compared to normal landing lag. But dding/wding are mostly spacing tools and i've known even puff/peaches who use their wd. Pity bowser jumps is so slow.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing is good for a technique known as the "reverse Bowser train". The idea is to wavedash backwards and immediately F-smash with the C stick while an opponent attempts to dash attack you. If you wavedash backwards far enough, their dash attack will miss, and then they get a headbutt to the face for their trouble.

I heard about it from DecadentOne's GameFAQs guide, but I've never actually seen it used in practice.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I would think wd oos would be idea to punish a tipper f smash over just small chip damage from up-b. Wavelanding is really good for bowser it's pretty long an fast compared to normal landing lag. But dding/wding are mostly spacing tools and i've known even puff/peaches who use their wd. Pity bowser jumps is so slow.
Hmmm, according to Jonas, SHFFL fair oos might be enough for a tippered fsmash. Yeah, wavelanding is pretty sic. Helps him travel over Yoshi's and DL much faster. I think WDing w/ Bowser is fairly useless IMO, especially since his comes out much slower than anyone else's and it has more lag (not to mention that it barely moves). Perhaps it's good for a quick way to stop a dash, but I think a short hop can do that too. DDing on the other hand is pretty good for spacing and baiting (kinda). Puff's and peach's WDs are actually pretty useful. Puff can use hers to move while remaining in her crouching state, and Peach can use hers to space her dtilt.

Wavedashing is good for a technique known as the "reverse Bowser train". The idea is to wavedash backwards and immediately F-smash with the C stick while an opponent attempts to dash attack you. If you wavedash backwards far enough, their dash attack will miss, and then they get a headbutt to the face for their trouble.

I heard about it from DecadentOne's GameFAQs guide, but I've never actually seen it used in practice.
That's probably cuz you can see the fsmash coming from a mile away. :p Fair (maybe even Klaw) is probably safer. Also, I'm starting to think that Boozer's WD is so slow that you can't just do it on reaction to a dash attack like that. On top of that, as said earlier, the distance on that thing kinda sucks... :urg:

Beat!

Smash Master

I assure you there's absolutely no need to call it "reverse Bowser train". It's just WD back to f-smash. It's a decent trick, but you'll get punished for it if you don't use it sparingly.

As a rule of thumb, dont't rely on stuff you read on GameFAQs.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely a technique to be used sparingly. You start to become predictable if you use it every time anyone attempts to dash attack you.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing away from someone while facing them when they come dashing at you (and then suddenly FTilting them in the face when they come within range) is pretty fun. :p

S

Somaiah

I usually use empty short hops and wavelands, with some DD'ing sprinkled in small amounts to mix up approaches, I totally feel the same way about the wavedash being complete trash.

Top Bottom