• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Cancel Forward Smash?

Burglor

Smash Rookie
Really just a question of how many of you guys use this. Never heard of it until tonight when I was practicing pivots, accidentally did one. Anyway, never see any falcons use it in tournament. Falcon's F-Smash is bad, I know, but it's not a bad little mixup. So yeah, anyone have any applications for it?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
It's a jank but super rewarding spacing mixup, usually if your opponent is getting kinda aggravated and going aggro and throwing out a lot of moves, in which case you dash-pivot out, fsmash in and mess up their spacing with the pullback + give them the hot elbow to the face.

I'm kinda too lazy to find them atm, but Silentspectre makes a career out of it.

Astherath

Smash Cadet
What Twinkles Twinkles said, it's REALLY jank, but it can work sometimes. Though, it's notably less cooler and much less PeoplesChamp than dash cancel down smash ;)

While I doubt there'll be some really high level application, it could serve as a bait punish if spaced properly/used out of a pivot.

Last edited:

Burglor

Smash Rookie
It's a jank but super rewarding spacing mixup, usually if your opponent is getting kinda aggravated and going aggro and throwing out a lot of moves, in which case you dash-pivot out, fsmash in and mess up their spacing with the pullback + give them the hot elbow to the face.

I'm kinda too lazy to find them atm, but Silentspectre makes a career out of it.
Alright, you seem to know what's up. Any idea of to consistently do this instant pivot f-tilt i get sometimes when trying to do it?

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Pivot f-tilt's are super hard to get crispy, just practice the sequence. Try to get pivoting down so you don't need to worry about executing that part of it, and instead focus on f-tilting immediately after the pivot. I find doing the quarter circle down pivot helps with this, I execute the sequence kinda like a Dragon Punch in Street Fighter, it goes like this:

(:GCR:->:GCD:) = PIVOT (you don't need to go all the way down, just past the down diagonal L/R angle so it registers L/R for 1 frame) -> :GCDR: + :GCA:

Hope that make sense. For practicing that version of the pivot, Gravy recommends practicing d-smash (with A) out of your dash dance to get a feel for the motion.

Top Bottom