• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack to Instant Up Smash

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I remember asking about it in a thread before but I didn't really get a clear answer

Could anyone explain in detail how the technique works where you Up Smash IMMEDIATELY after hitting with the dash attack?

Thanks

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Almost everyone knows how to do that though. So you can't blame him for assuming...

Dash in one direction, C-stick down, quickly smash Up-A & Z. You kinda need to hold you controller claw style to do this.

I like setting L to Attack. Run, C-stick Down Smash up + L.

EDIT: This is the mortar slide i'm not sure if Falco's **** is any different

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Almost everyone knows how to do that though. So you can't blame him for assuming...

Dash in one direction, C-stick down, quickly smash Up-A & Z. You kinda need to hold you controller claw style to do this.

Nope, it works :)

I didn't find it too hard to do, nor did I need claw style :p

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord

You don't need to do any of those. In fact, that seems extremely unnecessary.

For the Dash Attack Canceled Up smash (Aka Mortar Slide): Dash -> Dash Attack (I use c-stick) -> Up+Z before the dash attack hit box comes out

This move simply gives you a running up smash with a huge boost in distance.

For the DLX (as dumb as that name is...) Dash -> Dash Attack and connect with it (I use A) -> Up smash immediately once your dash attack connects (I use c-stick).

This gives you two very fast moves, and at low-low mid percents, the second hit (the up smash) should always connect. It's a good way to add some damage in on characters that you can't chain grab, like Marth.

Also, there are a lot of threads for both of these techniques; in both character discussion, and tactical discussion. Proper searching would have circumvented the need for yet another duplicate topic.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You don't need to do any of those. In fact, that seems extremely unnecessary.

For the Dash Attack Canceled Up smash (Aka Mortar Slide): Dash -> Dash Attack (I use c-stick) -> Up+Z before the dash attack hit box comes out

This move simply gives you a running up smash with a huge boost in distance.

For the DLX (as dumb as that name is...) Dash -> Dash Attack and connect with it (I use A) -> Up smash immediately once your dash attack connects (I use c-stick).

This gives you two very fast moves, and at low-low mid percents, the second hit (the up smash) should always connect. It's a good way to add some damage in on characters that you can't chain grab, like Marth.

Also, there are a lot of threads for both of these techniques; in both character discussion, and tactical discussion. Proper searching would have circumvented the need for yet another duplicate topic.

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the duplicate, I was unaware that this was what DLX cancelling was

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
The way i find it easiest to use is to set L to attack(because i use R to shiel and dodge) and use that to dash attack and then just hit up C-stick...makes it real easy

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I actually Found an easier way to do this yesterday(or if its not new just say so).

As Soon as you do the dash attack regularly (Dashing + A) Immediately Do up Smash Normally (Smash Up + A) in succession.

I find it more comfortable than the other methods to do this and it is the one that has worked the most with me. Because you wont have the need to move your fingers around to use C-stick or watever else it is to perform it. Just the timing needs to be practice.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, i also perform the DLX with simply A...

But for the Boost Smash, i can't do this with A... I must maining train my fingers more ^^

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
There's a MUCH easier way to do this.

Simply dash, do a dash attack with C-stick down, then as the attack connects, do your upsmash with C-stick up.

In other words, all you really need with this technique is the Control stick for dashing and the C-stick for attacking.

Top Bottom