• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack to B+Up combo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastergamerbrett

Smash Rookie
How is it done? I hear that it works really well, but whenever I attempt it, my opponent shields before I can hit him with my B+Up. Is there a certain special thing you have to do, or does it just not work on some characters?

mastergamerbrett

Smash Rookie
I figured landing it would have to be because of opponent's stupidity. Is there any reason to actually use the dash attack then?

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
Well I did it once when doing dash attack, into a down tilt, jumped above into a Dair (have to make sure to spike them downwards), then when they were recovering I did the Up+B. Yeah it's a bit more complicated than just Up+B right after, but tends to work...

OR

You can do it the easy, super-easy way. Just wavedash into a jab then Up+B...

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
hm. good point.

In my opinion the easiest way is to wavedash behind the person jab them once and then use Up+B. Works almost everytime unless they can put a shield up or spot-dodge..

In other words, no need for dash attack just wavedash and jab.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
back to topic, dash attack to UP B, it only works on ppl that arent experienced really, and the only way u can do that, is if you hit with all of the dash attack hits and then up+B but most of the time they can grab you so what i do on pplz that dont know, dash attack *if i hit with all the hits* then i sidestep, while they are trying to grab u and then UP + B but again, it wont work on pplz that are good

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
If you use the dash attack, experience people will assume that you're going to up-b. If I could formulate that into a mindgame, I would, but that's hard. I'd rather wd-dsmash like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom