• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack is amazing

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
If you hit their sheild with the end of the hitbox, you'll wind up in your lag behind their sheild, and its tough/impossible for them to punish. How do YOU use dash attack?
This technique is actually called a cross-up and it's pretty awesome :) I don't see many people use it to it's full potential.

Falco can do this with his dash attack as well. Also, using his dair and landing behind them, then shining, up tilt, or anything else is good. Sometimes people even attempt to grab after a cross-up (I do this a lot out of habit and should work on stopping), especially crossed up dash attacks because they assume the opponent is going be in grab range in front of them after shield stun wears off. Then they grab and often get punished (shine to start a combo with falco, f-tilt with sheik and so on.)

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'll double check when i get GC access next, but I'm pretty damn sure i pulled it off on multiple occassions which is why I have it on my list of techs to master.

I'll get one of my friends to help me make a vid next time i have a chance if so.
has this been tested already? some one told me about it and we tried it a few times but we couldn't do it.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i dont understand. I dont think you can jc grab standing still. let alone out of sheild. it just seems like a pivot jc grab to me... i dont know

gm jack

Smash Lord
i dont understand. I dont think you can jc grab standing still. let alone out of sheild. it just seems like a pivot jc grab to me... i dont know
You can JC grab OoS, most often if you try to Nair OoS shield too quickly with Z.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do the pivot jump OoS.

Konata Star

Smash Rookie
I remember once I dash attacked my friend in friendlies then grabbed him out of the air... I've never been able to do it again. You can alaso use it to set up a d-air or f-air if it's the right conditions.

Top Bottom